I hope i can put this here lol. For a long time i loved the beatles (Still do.) and Paul Maccartney was my faveourite Beatle, but as time prodreessed and i got better at guitar i began to apreciate how great George Harrison was thus, bringing him through to no. 1. Through George Harrison's music i heard of Ravi Shankar and its really got my into the whole sitar and tabla vibe. I love it. So i was wondering if anyone could recomend any of his albums to me because i dont really know aything about him. Would apreciate it. And ive been thinking about getting a sitar and im gonna go for it, but the only thing holding me back is tuning, im not very good tuning my guitar let alone a new instrument so any comments on that would be interesting aswell.
Last edited by Antroid at May 20, 2006,
Wow. Just... wow.

I was thinking about making a thread dedicated to him. I was really impressed with what he and the others did on The Concert for Bangladesh DVD. I was like, "Wow, this guy's great,".

To make things better, as I was going through some of my dad's Box-Sets today, I overcame one of Ravi Shankar. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I want to really badly.

Like you, I don't yet know anything about his albums, so I'd also appreciate some recommendations.

It's good to see another UGer who appreciates Ravi's work.