Im wondering, tone aside, what is wrong with the Marshall MG, eg is it the fault of the wiring, the speaker, the panel.. if it is everything, list what everything is.
People just prefer a better tone to be honest. I'm the owner of an MG and it's fine for bedroom guitarists but if you want to gig and stuff, upgrade.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
^ what he said.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Some people just have their MGs die on them unpredictably. It really is a mark of scorn on the House of Marshall.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well. the tone is the main thing that people complain about, but I have heard bad things about their wiring. I've also heard that they break down a lot. I didn't have any reliability issues with mine, but the tone was god awful.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
generally the overdrive is what gets people. i have heard one being played with the gain around 5(or so it sounded) and it really was bad. even my sister (knows nothing about guitars) asked why it sounded weird.

so ye they are bad. also i heard that marshall were stingy on the speaker choice? that they used a very low end speaker but refinished it so people looking under the grille wudnt notice> i dunno just sometuing i read
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
I have one.

I think it's a decent amp. Of course I wouldn't use it for a gig or anything.

It's a little pricey. The cleans are pretty good, but it could have a bit more gain.

I generally think it's a pretty good amp, for home use at least.

It hasn't crapped out on me yet.. I've had it for about half a year now.

People just dislike them because they are way over-priced for what you get out of it. They shouldn't be $700. Maybe $200.

People could do better for the price they pay.
I lol'd when you said tone aside.

sorry. tone is the reason amps are better than others. lmao
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

I said beside the tone.. reliability is one... speaker I guessed at (Zakk Wylde has a signature speaker, and that is most likely what is in his MG and why he loves it so much)

do they use cheap/faulty wiring?

EDIT: And I said tone aside, because my dad is a retired electrician, and used to do repairs on amps in like.. the 80s, and hes really bored, and has tonnes of parts lying around downstairs, and randomly wants something to work on.
I doubt Zakk actually uses an MG you know...

It's just the component choice, and the programming of the chips.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
I doubt Zakk actually uses an MG you know...

Prolly right.. but I swear to God.. if I see that advertisement one more time...