I am going to be graduation and I think that I am going to buy the B-52 AT-100 tomorow as my present. From what I have heard, it is a lower end "recto." I have played it and it sounds pretty good.

What do you guys think of it?

Have you heard anything bad about them?
Anyone? 99% of the reviews said that it was a 9-10. Anyone have input on these at all? I am going to have to trade my Vox Head in to afford it. Will trading my Vox Valvetronix head in be worth it?
GREAT AMP!. For the price its an awsome amp. Its the poor mans recto but it plays awsome. Just make sure you retube it after you get it. The chinese tubes (stock) really inhibit the amps greatness
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
GREAT AMP!. For the price its an awsome amp. Its the poor mans recto but it plays awsome. Just make sure you retube it after you get it. The chinese tubes (stock) really inhibit the amps greatness

Will the original tubes be good for a while? I am already pushing all of my money. I am down to basically nothing after this.
erm... they will hold but to bring out the amps true sound new tubes are needed
one of my friends owns this and said his came with Sovtek's new. Was he lieing or did they start putting them in in the last year?
dont know. But i plaeyd two last week at GC. One with stock tubes. and one retubed with JJ's. The one with JJ's sounded lightyears better. But the oen with stock wasnt half bad. ITs a great little amp
Sweet, thanks for the info. I am going to be picking it up and heading to Band practice almost right away. If I play it loud enough to compete with a 100 Watt SS stack, will I screw it up? I know in cars, you aren't suppose to go over 60 for the first so many miles. Is it the same idea with tube amps?
hehehe this is where it gets fun. The thing about tube amps is that they are "meant"(volume wise and gain wise) to be pushed louder. You can easily match a 100 ss half stack without even pushing the amp too much. remeber 100 watts tube is about 200-300(2-3 times as loud) solid state.
Quote by mexican_shred
hehehe this is where it gets fun. The thing about tube amps is that they are "meant"(volume wise and gain wise) to be pushed louder. You can easily match a 100 ss half stack without even pushing the amp too much. remeber 100 watts tube is about 200-300(2-3 times as loud) solid state.

So your saying that my amp will be perfectly fine for practice? I'm not going to have anything else to play. I am trading in my Vox Valvetronix Head for maybe $225. It was $400 new. Do you think that it is worth it if I can afford the B-52.

I have some weird sentimental attachments to the weirdest things. That combined with me not making decisions well screws everything up
If your playing Metal, I wouldnt get it. I had one for a while and I hated it. But its perfect for some rock/blues and stuff...But its not good for Metal at all.
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Ernie Ball's Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
^ did you retube it? Because my friends is perfect and alto of the other guy who have AT's agree it is awsome
nope, it was brand new with stock tubes....Idk it just sounded dull to me (and yes I did crank it up over the drums). wasnt quite the tone I was lookin for. I wanted somthin much more heavier, like some chimaira ****....
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
^yeah those cheap chinese tubes do not do the amp justice. With a proper tube change its a whoel different amp.

and yeah it might nto have been for yoru style but i found it perfect for Nevermore, Symphony X,80's metal, Dream Theater, COB and outworld.

But now you have a nice 6505 which is great. I need to repick one up.
Yeah im glad I still took it back though, cause I got the peavey 5150II instead which is awesome...But some of Nevermore's new stuff has some awesome tones....But the 5150II can pull that off easy...
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb
^ for a while i remember them using 6505's/5150.
Im pretty sure they did...Lol but then again what metal band doesnt have a 5150...
My Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960A Cab
Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb