So, I was just thinking the other day, would it be possible to make a neck out of metal? Like, the whole thing, fingerboard and everything...

I'm not gonna try, but would it work at all? Might look cool, if it was shiny
Quote by shmooty
So, I was just thinking the other day, would it be possible to make a neck out of metal? Like, the whole thing, fingerboard and everything...

I'm not gonna try, but would it work at all? Might look cool, if it was shiny

It'd probably sound really bad, be very heavy, and kill you if you touch it on a hot summer day.
But you could be like, hey my guitar's pimped out dude and like get all the chicks... 'cause neck's made out of metal...
Signatures fucking suck.
Metal contracts and expands way too much to be used for a guitar neck. It would be impossible to keep it in tune.
arent the Parker Fly guitars' necks made from graphite or something like that?
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
Quote by mr_hankey
Metal contracts and expands way too much to be used for a guitar neck. It would be impossible to keep it in tune.

+666.
Quote by rockinlewis

Graphite fingerboards.
Quote by rockinlewis

Their fretboards are made out of a carbon-composite...nearly graphite.
Ive seen a all metal fretless neck on youtube. Theres a guy with a bumble bee/foot guitar. Hes really crap and hes demo'in the metal fret less. Theres a link to a site where you can get them to!

Just gotta find that vid
yeah i saw one of those kramers on ebay about a month ago, theyre sick
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
all metal would:

-sound AWFUL
-all the reasons people mentioned.
-there'd be no advantages, so its not like sacrificing somethign to get a unique effect or something
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT