any high output pickup, such as the duncan distortion
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
swineshead xbucker? (based purely on the fact that it's meant to nail the black album tone, I'm sure there are better, but not as good at that one tone, pickups...)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ right. well, i haven't tried the pickup, but i hear from someone who has it (and several other metal pickups) that it's closest in tone to the black album.

Rubbish cleans, not great at anything but metal, but great for metal, from what i hear. You'd probably want to put a much lower output pickup in the neck (runaway or warthog) to get good cleans.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My Swineshead Warthog is pretty good From Metallica, the other week I got the perfect "For Whom The Bell Tolls" tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ right. well, i haven't tried the pickup, but i hear from someone who has it (and several other metal pickups) that it's closest in tone to the black album.

Rubbish cleans, not great at anything but metal, but great for metal, from what i hear. You'd probably want to put a much lower output pickup in the neck (runaway or warthog) to get good cleans.

yeah the pickup in the neck of my LP is already good for cleans
ive heard dimebuckers are great for the metal tone.

I actually own dimebuckers but havent installed them yet. They have a very high output for non active but i have not heard them in my guitar yet so i am not a good source
^ The Dimebucker is a horribly muddy pickup, return it if you can. If you're really into Dimebag Darrel's sound check out Bill Lawrence Pickups.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
If you're in the UK check out the Xbucker from Swineshead or perhaps Bareknuckle Nailbomb.

In the US I can recommend the Bill Lawrence L500xl without hesitation.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.