k so im not in a band that does gigs or anything so whenever im playing its usually sitting down

last night i played standing up and walkin around for probly 3 hours

i have an LTD kh-602 thats a lot heavier than any other guitar ive played

well, holding that around my shoulder for that long hurt then and it hurts now

so i was wondering if it stops getting sore after a few times or if its cuz i was holding it too low
get a thicker padded strap. or a pad that slips over the strap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
go to the gym.... :P

or get a thicker strap
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by jj1565
get a thicker padded strap. or a pad that slips over the strap.

+1
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
alright kik ass

i had a planet waves locking strap with a pad b4 but my new one doesnt have one

ill get one for sure

thx
dunlop makes a pad that slips over. for a few bucks.

but i like a nice padded leather strap, cause then it helps support a headstock heavy guitar from a down tip too.

(also dont keep ur guitar so low, or ull hurt ur wrists too.)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Get a thicker strap.

And maybe work out a little?

EDIT: I agree with jj. Don't have the strap as long as it goes. Just because some guitarists play that way to look cool doesn't mean you should. I prefer my guitar low, but still high enough that I can play comfortably.

I did play with it super low for a while, and all that got me was sore wrists. My playing sounded much better just by bringing it up a few inches.

And I still look freaking awesome.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at May 20, 2006,
haha
i didnt think u guys were serious when u said work out

ive been doin what i can at the gym for a few months ladies, ladies calm down haha
I was completely serious. It's not like getting some exercise will kill you. (Despite what the fatcats at McDonalds and Burger King will tell you).

Not only will you get healthier, you'll be able to support your heavy guitar for as long as you need to.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You'll adjust. I started on Les Pauls mainly so dealing with weight hasn't been much of an issue for me but yeah, they sure build your back muscles... Percevere brother!
Thanks for reading
Try bringing the guitar up higher...it might help.

Also, start practicing standing....in any guitar application, you'll have to be standing, so why practice sitting? After a few times, it should be fine.

If all else fails, get the pad everyone mentioned.