Right, just been talking to one of my mates over IM, and she mentioned that she has managed to break the bass she borrowed from a friend...Apparently, the screws have come out of the neck, the neck has come out of the body and the neck is now in two halves...can she fix it? or is it broken for good?
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
well if its JUST the neck that has actual damage to it, then you can just buy a replacement neck.
I don't really understand what she means by "in half"...apparently only the screws have come out, and it looks fixable - but she doesn't know where to start

deg0ey
^ just detatched, the fretboard is still attatched, but apparently half of the back of the neck is attatched and half not...i'm still trying to establish whether or not these halves are still joined together

I'm a guitarist by trade and don't know much about the construction of basses so i can't really help much

deg0ey
the construction of guitars and basses in this situation is very simliar. we're just dealing with necks here.

ask for pics and send us some if you can.
her mum's gone out and taken the camera already thought of that...apparently she's started screwing it back on, and it looks like it's going to be ok

Edit: Done

Edit 2: Apparently it works fine now (albeit out of tune) and the person it was borrowed from will never know

deg0ey
Last edited by deg0ey at May 20, 2006,
What I don't understand is how it came unscrewed. Was she dicking around with it or are the screws stripped?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
apparently she was just playing it and it fell apart...i don't know, she's a girl - she doesn't know what she's doing and therefore we should just leave her to it really

deg0ey

I'm surprised the neck didn't fly off from the string tension and slap her in the face.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Metalology

I'm surprised the neck didn't fly off from the string tension and slap her in the face.

Yea I was thinking. How does a neck just..fall off?
Sounds like it would shoot off like a slingshot and hurt someone.
Quote by deg0ey
she's a girl - she doesn't know what she's doing and therefore we should just leave her to it really

Tisk tisk. Don't let bassbitch see that or she will dominate your face.
Quote by Bumper
Tisk tisk. Don't let bassbitch see that or she will dominate your face.

o **** i hear her comin now....

SHUT THE DOORS!!! RUNNN

but seriously, lets not be sexist guys (and girls )