The depression rate of teenagers and even young adults has gone out the roof since the climax of Emo in American culture. It bothers me how it's cool to be sad all the time and complain and cut yourself. I give therapy for free online and it's sad how many kids have addictions because of the superficial sadness the media shows. So what I really came here to ask, was do you think the majority of emo-listeners are:

a) already sad or just emotionall people who like listening to music that speaks to them
or
b) preps or regular kids who thought it was cool
or something else?
c) Fucking retards who listen to shitty wannabe emo bands.
Last edited by the_astronaut at May 20, 2006,
people just think it's cool
except for the metal heads out there who know
emo = not cool
Quote by Johnljones7443
She looks like Rusty Cooley with tits.

Quote by the_astronaut
c) Fucking retards who listen to shity wannabe emo bands.

classic
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by rockergirl1122
The depression rate of teenagers and even young adults has gone out the roof since the climax of Emo in American culture.

so where did you get that info because it just sounds made up to make a stronger case for you
Quote by frd_marshll
so where did you get that info because it just sounds made up to make a stronger case for you

thats a common known fact about todays kids in the last 5 years. kids were just happier in the 80's and 90's.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
mostly because people think its cool, which is really dumb. emo guys are boring they never have like, fun. they sit in a dark room and cry, not attractive. but it is really sad that depression is a trend.
Jade

Member #5 of the Claptonfan13 is and idiot club-pm Lessthanbass22 to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this is bunny, put him in your signature
(")_(")and help him on his way to world domination
Most of the avid Emo listeners, who listen to actual Emo don't fit the stereotype. It's HH/Aiden/MCR fans who feel that they need to do all the stereotypical stuff.

And people usualy confuse the suicidal emo kids with scenesters, which is the gayest trend going.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by rockergirl1122
The depression rate of teenagers and even young adults has gone out the roof since the climax of Emo in American culture. It bothers me how it's cool to be sad all the time and complain and cut yourself. I give therapy for free online and it's sad how many kids have addictions because of the superficial sadness the media shows. So what I really came here to ask, was do you think the majority of emo-listeners are:

a) already sad or just emotionall people who like listening to music that speaks to them
or
b) preps or regular kids who thought it was cool
or something else?

your favorite band there...nirvana...started all this gay being depressed crap and singing about how bad life is...screw them
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Emokids deffinately think they are being different than other people but really they are just following a trend. I hate seeing people who personally make themselves look as ugly as ****.
I feel like my I.Q. has dropped after reading this thread.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
Quote by GuitarSlinger
I feel like my I.Q. has dropped after reading this thread.

thats funny...emo has the same effect on me
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
People who think all people who listen to emo are depressed are stupid. That was a poorly written sentence, and my input for the day.
I'm a person.
WHy do emo kids spend half an hour trying to make their hair look like they just got out of bed when they could just get out of bed?
This thread is pissing me off. Emo is not all about crying and being depressed. If you go back to the roots *cough*Fugazi*cough* then you'll find that emo was more of a movement of politics and uprising aimed at a younger sort of audience. Emo has recently changed since then, into a trend for teenagers/preteens thinking that having a serious medical condition is cool. Emo has been given a bad name by bands like MCR, Aiden, and the like. Most of these bands who say, "oh, I'm so depressed, listen to my music, it's so thoughtful and such an amazing reflection of my anguished soul" are faking it just for popularity. I listen to some emo and I am not depressed, suicidal, a ****ing retard, and I do not think it's cool to do. I just like some of the music.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by STRAT811
This thread is pissing me off. Emo is not all about crying and being depressed. If you go back to the roots *cough*Fugazi*cough* then you'll find that emo was more of a movement of politics and uprising aimed at a younger sort of audience. Emo has recently changed since then, into a trend for teenagers/preteens thinking that having a serious medical condition is cool. Emo has been given a bad name by bands like MCR, Aiden, and the like. Most of these bands who say, "oh, I'm so depressed, listen to my music, it's so thoughtful and such an amazing reflection of my anguished soul" are faking it just for popularity. I listen to some emo and I am not depressed, suicidal, a ****ing retard, and I do not think it's cool to do. I just like some of the music.

Word.

Let's close this now yeah.