for those of you with powertab

do you guys think that this would be a good warmup to help improve my speed and finger strength, i wanna learn how to alternate pick faster and once i get 130 down i'd speed up all of the tempos signs on the powertab, but i would paly it twice a day until i noticed improvemente pretty much

sorry if this is in the wrong forum i didn't really know where to put it
Attachments:
warmup do not delete.zip
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
than you wont be able to see the warmup
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
Instead of going 1234 all the time, mix it up. Go 3241, 2413 and any other combination you can think of.
Quote by TyphoidSpider
Instead of going 1234 all the time, mix it up. Go 3241, 2413 and any other combination you can think of.

yeah

just do alot of combinations and continue them up the fretboard
will it help me go a lot faster though?
Quote by MightyAl

]
no........yours were great

when you go too fast too soon when you practice......you get used to playing sloppy

what you need to do is practice slow and make everynote perfect

get some exercises from the steve vai 10 hour workout and some from www.ibreathemusic.com and make a daily routine

and use a metronome
Quote by guitar guy 6006
will it help me go a lot faster though?

don't just focus on how fast you can pick one string.

You need to get finger independace and strenth on your left hand working too

mix things up every day or 2: do things backwards, ascending one way and descending in the other, etc...
Warmup exercises won't make you go much faster. Exercises like that will help you do 4 note per string licks, but won't help for 2 note per string, sweeps, string skipping, 3 note per string... Find something you WANT to play fast, and use that.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.