So I have been considering getting one of these as a backup for my fender, and other purposes, I have seen a great share of Good reveiws for this bass, As well as a good share of bad ones, I am not exactly sure what to think of it.

So I am asking anyone who has had firsthand experience playing the OLP MM2 or knows anyone who has one. What they think of it.

And of course for 200$ I am not expecting it to be like a real Stingray.

so, What do you guys think of this bass?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OLPMM24StringBassGuitar?sku=516050
It is a decent bass for the price tag. What Fender do you have already? If you have a Mexican... might as well save up and make that one the backup. If you have an American, then an OLP backup won't hurt.
i play guitar but i know a bassist who says it plays just like an ernie ball mm (he plays both)
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by heiltalker2006
i play guitar but i know a bassist who says it plays just like an ernie ball mm (he plays both)

But will sound like **** compared to one.
ummm im just posting to get this back up to the front page of the forum because i was thinking of getting one too and i want to see more opinions
I used to own the five string model (MM-3) and it played beautifully. It had a very percussive tone, which I liked at the time. It's not as versatile as the Stingray (of course) since it lacks the onboard active equalizer, but it does play nice. I used one as my main bass for probably a year before I broke one of the tuning keys off at a show and then broke a bridge pin. I still have it, and I'm planning on fixing it with new electronics (new preamp and pups!) as soon as I get the cash. I'd say they're definently worth the price.
i played my friends olp and its alright. its deffinately an economy bass, and id much rather have one of those than a squier or a rogue, boith of which i have played and despised.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by arnie_D
So I have been considering getting one of these as a backup for my fender, and other purposes, I have seen a great share of Good reveiws for this bass, As well as a good share of bad ones, I am not exactly sure what to think of it.

So I am asking anyone who has had firsthand experience playing the OLP MM2 or knows anyone who has one. What they think of it.

And of course for 200$ I am not expecting it to be like a real Stingray.

so, What do you guys think of this bass?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/OLPMM24StringBassGuitar?sku=516050

Not the greatest bass, its good if you use a pick, bad if you use your fingers, and good for pop slap
Quote by Bumper
^I used my fingers and it was fine.

Not only with the fingers but sometimes it has a buzzing sound, and when you play with your fingers, sometimes the strings will click off the fret board, and make a clicking sound
^Most any bass can click if your attack is too hard. A local band from west ky called Paging Doctor Frank (friends of mine) has a bassist that plays a real EBMM Stingray and he attacks just a bit too hard and gets a terrible click at all the shows. I played with a light attack and I've never had any trouble controlling the fretboard click. I'm sorry, but it just seems to me that you are too inexperienced with the bass in question to make any valid remarks. Nothing you have said has been exactly insightful or helpful. If you are to continue telling us that this is a bad bass, at least tell us why. I'm tired of just hearing, "It's good if you use a pick, but bad if you play fingerstyle," explain why it's bad.
Quote by Bumper
^Most any bass can click if your attack is too hard. A local band from west ky called Paging Doctor Frank (friends of mine) has a bassist that plays a real EBMM Stingray and he attacks just a bit too hard and gets a terrible click at all the shows. I played with a light attack and I've never had any trouble controlling the fretboard click. I'm sorry, but it just seems to me that you are too inexperienced with the bass in question to make any valid remarks. Nothing you have said has been exactly insightful or helpful. If you are to continue telling us that this is a bad bass, at least tell us why. I'm tired of just hearing, "It's good if you use a pick, but bad if you play fingerstyle," explain why it's bad.

Well it's ok if you use pick style, sometimes you might get a buzzing noise when playing. When using slap n pop, its perfect, because the strings are low to the fretboard and its easy to mute the notes when using slap n pop, and the strings are spread out good enough to slap n pop with it. When playing with your fingers, if you play eighth notes or sixteenth notes on the A string you will sometimes get a clicking noise, and when on the E string you'll get clicking noises alot. When your playing slower songs, it is fine.

Bumper, when you play fast punk rock or metal songs with your fingers, do you get a clicking noise on the d string. Also, I tried out an ibanez soundgear at the store a few days ago, and I played fast and i got no clicking noises, and that was on a 5 string.
^You're still wrong. I played in a ska band, two punk bands, a metal, death metal, sludge metal, and metalcore band with this bass, I know what it does with fast music. If you get clicking noises (like you can with any bass) then all you have to do is adjust your action, or play with a softer attack. It all depends on how a bass is set up.
Quote by Bumper
^You're still wrong. I played in a ska band, two punk bands, a metal, death metal, sludge metal, and metalcore band with this bass, I know what it does with fast music. If you get clicking noises (like you can with any bass) then all you have to do is adjust your action, or play with a softer attack. It all depends on how a bass is set up.

I took my bass to a shop today, and there was something wrong with it, so there fixing it and ill get it back tomarrow, I thought it was just a bad bass when it made that clicking noise, but when i showed it to a guy there was something actually wrong with it, thanks for posting about the attack
I like it a lot. Both the 4 and 5 play beautifully, especially for the price. If you're just starting out or want an intermediate bass. I'd look into them.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10