Page 1 of 2
Does it ever feel like your classic rock radio station just seems to play the same 50 or 60 songs in a jumbled up order day in day out? I know that's what it feels like mine does. On any given occasion, I can turn the dial and here Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Takin' Care of Buisness", or odds are there playing "Magic Carpet Ride" right now.

What are some songs your CR radio station seems to play CONSTANTLY?
"Beast Of Burden"-The Stones
"The Ocean"-Led Zeppelin(not a bad thing)
"Bad To The Bone"
Any new rock(they claim to be classic rock, but 55% of the time it's a newer song, which is bulls***)
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Dream On- Aerosmith
Start Me Up- Rolling Stones
Black Dog- Led Zeppelin
D'Yer Mak'er- Led Zeppelin
Bad to the Bone- George Thorgood
Jump- Van Halen
Back in Black- AC/DC

i barely listen to the radio anymore, because you're right, they do play the same songs over and over again.
Dazed and confused-led zeppelin
bad to the bone- (I forgot by who)
black dog-led zeppelin
life is a highway-tom cochrane
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
I kinda agree with you. There are some artists that I hear the same songs over and over, but others are mixed around pretty well. For example, the station I listen to does a pretty decent job of mixing around Pink Floyd...playing Empty Spaces/Young Lust, Comfy Numb, Speak to Me/Breathe, Brain Damage/Eclipse, Welcome to the Machine, WYWH, Have a Cigar, Run Like Hell, Money, Us and Them, occasionally OOTDs, and very rarely Sheep or Pigs 3DO. When it comes to a band like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, however, its pretty much Free Fallin' and Running Down a Dream.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Yeah I know what you mean. It got so bad I stopped listening to my Classick Rock radio station. I mean it wouldn't kill them to play an Eagle's song other than Hotel California.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

some stations are like chain stations, run from some headquarters, and they seem to play mostly all the songs that people know. i find that my local hqed classic rock station seems to play more of a variety than the syndicated one. thats why i like it better, even though the other station has less commercials. also, the djs on the local one really know the music and can give you interesting information, whereas the syndicated station the djs dont really talk that much or just read off a sheet.
Quote by KingBrendan5149
i barely listen to the radio anymore, because you're right, they do play the same songs over and over again.

Same. In fact, it's been so long since I've listened to it, I've forgotten a lot of the commonly played songs.

I do recall one event where I was leaving town, and on the way out they played a set of songs. When I was returning one week later they played the same songs in the exact same order. Everyone in the car with me noticed it, and we were like, "What the ****?".

Also, even though the station claims to be "Classic Rock", they play some Guns n' Roses from time to time.
Ohhhhh man, you all know how I feel about the GnR/Classic Rock mixture... but anyways, my local station plays far too much af this one song by Santana. I hear it every damn time I turn the radio on. Also Hotel California and Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2 (personally one of my least favorite Floyd songs)
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
my radio station is really good at making choices for music. i dont think they play one song so much more than any other one
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
not really, but they always play live tracks. maybe 2-3 per 35 minute block

beast of burden-the stones
blue on black-kenny wayne sheppard
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Also, even though the station claims to be "Classic Rock", they play some Guns n' Roses from time to time.

That annoys me too.

I have one station, though, that does more obscure blues-rock in the morning, so I listen to that. One day they played Tobacco Road by Edgar Winter, 17 minutes of awesomeness that I wouldn't expect on the radio.
I've noticed a constant raining of

Hells Bells - Ac/Dc
You Shook Me All Night Long - Ac/Dc
Thunderstruck - Ac/Dc
Rock&Roll - Led Zeppelin
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
Iron Man - Black Sabbath

for the past like 5 weeks. In fact, they almost play all of those sings in a block(mixed order, of couse) anytime between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm.......matter of fact...they played them all today at about 4 pm...
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
My school has a Radio Station class that plays during lunch, and the teacher is a weekend DJ on this one radio station (I don't listen to it, but I know about it). I'm thinking of joining that class either junior or senior year.

Anyways, one thing I hate about the radio is that they play the same songs by the same artists. They always play the same 2-3 songs by the same band. The only time I hear stuff on the radio that's usually not on the radio is when they play the A-Z weekend.
^ yeah, on my radio station they do something called the "Daily Double" which is when they pick an artist for the day, they read some history about them, then they play 2 songs in a row by them. it's usually 2 not so well known ones. like when they did AC/DC, they did Heatseeker and Who Made Who.
ugh fuucking bruce springsteen and john mellencamp (two of my least favorite artists of all time)
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
They used to constantley play "Fly at Night" by Chilliwack, which at the time I thought was Rush. Then they went into their month of constant Pink Floyd and since Pink Floyd songs are all pretty much the same thing...
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
if u live anywhere near st louis then u know about kshe 95. they play nothing but zeppelin and van halen, and a little bit of ozzy. but they also play a lot of modern stuff which i like, but they call themselves a classic rock station so it doesnt fit.
Everytime I put on my CR Station, they seem to play "Jessica" by The Allman Brothers.

Not like I'm complaining...
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Not sure on the song titles. But i swear its the only station i listen to and it plays these songs EVERY day.

The Kinks - Lola
The Stones - You dont always get what you want
Danelectro
I forgot to add that my local radio station has a daily ritual that they play dirty deeds done dirt cheap every day at 800pm. I dont mind it though. They also have album sides. Where they can play like 5 songs per album. But its always great. They also have like themed weekends. Like they can say its "size doesent matter weekend" and they play songs talking about sexuality or something. Or they can have like "rolling stones weekend". Also, they have the beatle break at 500pm.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Quote by The Iron Man
I forgot to add that my local radio station has a daily ritual that they play dirty deeds done dirt cheap every day at 800pm. I dont mind it though. They also have album sides. Where they can play like 5 songs per album. But its always great. They also have like themed weekends. Like they can say its "size doesent matter weekend" and they play songs talking about sexuality or something. Or they can have like "rolling stones weekend". Also, they have the beatle break at 500pm.

It's funny because I made this thread with the radio station (Q107) you're talking about in mind.

Album sides and themed weekends aside, it's still damn repetitive if you ask me.
Quote by Maet
It's funny because I made this thread with the radio station (Q107) you're talking about in mind.

Album sides and themed weekends aside, it's still damn repetitive if you ask me.

I think Q107 is one of the better stations around. While they do play a lot of hits, they do play entire album sides a few times a day, and quite often during their 9, 2 and 5 supersets can get into some pretty nice music. Not to mention Psychadelic Sunday. I find that listening to Q late at night is the best because then it gets to real non-mainstream stuff.
Quote by ta too tee
I played with Slash yesterday. It was super cool cuz we played some Nirvana and Britney Spears songs. Good stuff! I also taught him how to play Sweet Child O'Mine
My radio station is actually pretty good about playing a variety. 97.3 The Eagle IS Classic Rock (Love the slogan.)
im in Toronto and Q107 plays lots of songs, theyre always playing zeppelin(which isnt really a bad thing) and Behind Blue Eyes
Same Old Song and Dance - Aerosmith. I effing loathe that song.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
94.7 detroit plays alot of none mainstream songs but they do have "here i go" by whitesnake alot and eric clapton solo stuff. alice cooper is the dj at night which is pretty cool ot
I used to always be tuned in to my classic rock station, but lately... basically since I've had my car... they have been playing COMPLETE CRAP and I can't stand it!!!! In the morning on the way here (school), they don't even play music!! They just talk about the dumbest ****ing **** and it's so goddamn annoying!!!!!!!!!!
The times they are a changin'.....
It seemed like every station was playing ACDC today. And they were all different songs, so it wasn't like it was the same program on different stations. Weird.
Of the three classic rock stations in my area, on one day I heard Steve Miller's "Rock N Me" three times.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Quote by bTOMd
alice cooper is the dj at night which is pretty cool ot

Did I read that correctly?
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
Quote by VoodooChild15
Same Old Song and Dance - Aerosmith. I effing loathe that song.
I love that song. Great live song as well.
Quote by Thefallofman
Lately, my local classic rock station (WPYX 106.5) has been playing "Take it Easy" by the Eagles at least twice a day every day. Every time I turn it on, I hear that song. And I'm not exaggerating. It's painful. However, they were on a Knopfler kick for a while...didn't mind that so much.
Hi, I'm Peter
Originally Posted by bTOMd
alice cooper is the dj at night which is pretty cool ot

Did I read that correctly?

if u read it as hes the dj at night http://www.wcsx.com/schedule/ there from 10 to 1 in the morning, plays alot of underground oldies too its cool
Quote by BrainDamage
I love that song. Great live song as well.

Live I don't mind it so much. It's the goddamn horns that get to me.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by VoodooChild15
Live I don't mind it so much. It's the goddamn horns that get to me.
I love the live version because Tom Hamilton has a nice bass solo in it. Hamilton is a very underrated bassist.
Quote by Thefallofman
Page 1 of 2