1 2%
Fender Standard Tele
6 11%
Fender Standard Strat
22 40%
Used LP studio
13 24%
Voters: 55.
well i have a bit of money and i was wondering what guitar you would recomend ive narrowed it down to a few

Epi Zakk Wylde custon les paul
Line 6 Variax
Fender telecaster standard
Fender Stratocaster standard
Used gibson les paul studio

i guess i should make a poll for this

EDIT: i play a wide range but for my band i play a high distortion metal guitar but for some songs i use a bluesy tone
Last edited by lou_dog69 at May 20, 2006,
Epi Zakk Wylde custon les paul - passive EMGs = meh

Line 6 Variax - depending on waht you allready have its a pretty neat guitar to have in the studio, I don't really like the look of them otherwise

Fender telecaster standard - maybe

Fender Stratocaster standard - I like Strats

Used gibson les paul studio - read the Strat comment

though alltogether it depends on what guitar you allready have. Will this be your main guitar just another one to add to the collection?
ive got a epiphone lp custom that i use right now so ill probably use both alot. (i also have a squire and a ibanez geo but they arent that sweet)
get the epi wylde and buy an emg 81 for the bridge. for the neck, 60s are better for cleans but zakk uses an 85
one more thing, i hate strats for metal because i basically hate coil pickups cuz they buzz a lot with high distortion
i'd eliminate the tele,strat and variax out of that if your going to play metal unless the strat is a fat one lol.
and the reason i say eliminate the variax is that the batteries and plugs etc are a pain plus all the pickups are based on vintage ones so if you want metal... meh
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
the joe perry LP is better than the zakk wylde, sounds almost as good as a gibson, has gibson burstbuckers I think
the 2006 standard strat
it's awesome, such high quality and very near an American for $500-600 less

zakk wylde is a punk
the strat looks better
Get a 2006 Fender Standard HSS Strat, you are gonna want/need a humbucker for metal.

I still voted telecaster, just because im a jerk.

(Though, if you got a telecaster you could put a Dimarzio Tone Zone S, or a Dimarzio Super Distortion S in the bridge, or just get an HH one.. but they look ugly.)
Standard Strat all the way. It has way more versatility, plus since the ZW Les Paul has EMGs, you'd get terrible cleans out of it.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Get the Strat, if it's an American Standard, if you have the money, the MIA's have a few extras the other's don't. For that bluesy tone, get some Lace Sensor Blue pickups, or a Gold or Hot Gold in the neck for a little crunch, and Blues in the mid and neck positions (a la Clapton blackie sound).
k ive ruled out the tele because its not even close to a metal guitar (but still a great guitar)
and the variax cause i read reviews on it breaking and im not risking that
and the used lp cause i went back to look at it more and the pickups have been taken out and replaced by what look like the pickups out of an epiphone studio lp

and i guess i should tell you the rest of my gear to help you out

Spider 2 212
Boss DS-1
Cry baby wah pedal
boss overdrive pedal (i cant remeber the name of it ill check and get back to you)
Yeah you can get a better metal sound through tele than a strat and dont worry about people saying you cant get a metal tone out of them you have an overdrive pedal. And they'll sound real nice for the blues.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
well if it makes a difference if i get the zakk wylde lp its about 150 off and i tried the clean and its decent (with a line 6 amp) but with any other amp its terrible
I played this Zakk Wylde epi at guitar center and it had THE most wonderful neck of any guitar I have ever played

it didn't have that s***y gloss like other LPs do it was just smooth pure wood

it sounded pretty damn good too I would change the pickups to actives down the road
Quote by Ihearthetfield
I played this Zakk Wylde epi at guitar center and it had THE most wonderful neck of any guitar I have ever played

it didn't have that s***y gloss like other LPs do it was just smooth pure wood

it sounded pretty damn good too I would change the pickups to actives down the road

thats why its on the list i love the neck and the maple feels so nice on my fingers (compared to the rosewood i have on everything else)
Quote by hardrock1315
Try a Fender Standard Fat Strat or Standard Strat HH.

but the strats have so much less sustain than a les paul thats the only reason i didnt got with a fat strat right away

ive got like another day to make the decision before i go back to get a guitar and now im leaning back twords the tele again just cause of its sustain and its ability to go easily from metal to bluesy
Quote by LP Junior
None of them are good, but I'd go for the used Gibson and change the pups.

I guess you have ignorant people on any guitar board...