I got owned the other day...

I'm standing talking to a few of my musically challenged friends. I was trying to explain the joke of the difference between a drummer and a computer is. I said it's because drummers are knobs. (It's a joke. laugh, people.)

at any rate, one of my drummer friends was standing behind me. he taps me on the shoulder, and with a great big smirk on his face, he says:

"Dustin, I wouldn't talk. You play Bass. End of discussion"

Quote by Benjibum
I know you not, but speak to my very heart you do.

I have that effect on people
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
GO SENS GO!
Drummers are dicks, get over it
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Drummers can be annoying...but some are cool
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
I was just charing an amusing little story with you guys. Thought it'd spark up some laughter. maybe a chuckle...a titter or two. It's my first bassist joke against me ever. Take it as you want. I thought it was kinda funny
Quote by Benjibum

GO SENS GO!
Not a joke imo, a sad attempt at bashing. I know quite a few drummers who will go up on stage and start a song.... When its time for the next song to start they don't change rhythm at ALL and keep playing the same ****, thinking they are gods...pfft
the real joke:

what is the difference between a drummer and a computer

you only need to punch the information into a computer once.

my musically challenged friends stood there and looked at me like some kind of dumb ankle-humper
Quote by Benjibum

GO SENS GO!
The only thing I hate about new drummmers, at least at my school anyway, is that they think they'll play a certain beat better if they play it louder.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Metalology
The only thing I hate about new drummmers, at least at my school anyway, is that they think they'll play a certain beat better if they play it louder.

the drummer in my jazz class has only two dynamics. insanely ****ing loud, and insanely ****ing louder. not to mention he can keep a rythm. he'll screw himself up on a fill then change the beat and rythm entirely to try to hide the fact that he sucks worse than any drummer who has ever lived.

then he gets a tattoo that says "drum life" inside of a bass drum. i really want to hurt that kid.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Do any of you resentful bassists play with any other musicians? Do you foster those thoughts while you're playing with them?

We're all musicians. Jokes are just that - jokes. If you have this much trouble with a little joke, you must just be time bombs waiting to explode at whoever isn't playing bass for whatever little reason. Is that any way to play music?

Relax.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
....I like drummers. ????
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Cygnus, if I were you. I'd just turn around and punch him out.

I take that to great offense.
Quote by Junkstuff1
you must just be time bombs waiting to explode at whoever isn't playing bass for whatever little reason. Is that any way to play music?

umm... yeah?

nah jk my drummer is a very neutral guy. he dosnt pick side when the band argues, he never voices his own opinion (unless we're trying to convince him to where a tutu for a gig), but yeah conflicts never involve him so i dont care about him .
My drummer is a neaderthal... there are times when it's a good thing to have a pillar of muscle with you though!
Quote by Junkstuff1
Do any of you resentful bassists play with any other musicians? Do you foster those thoughts while you're playing with them?

We're all musicians. Jokes are just that - jokes. If you have this much trouble with a little joke, you must just be time bombs waiting to explode at whoever isn't playing bass for whatever little reason. Is that any way to play music?

Relax.

i've played with lots of drummers and lots of musicians. some of them are wonderful and i enjoyed playing with them. but sometimes you get those crap players who's feeling you dont want to hurt, because they are a friend. and sometimes, you get terrible musicians that are terrible human beings as well and they are just to damn ignorant to realize they suck, and so we come here and bitch about them. whats the harm in that?
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
i've played with lots of drummers and lots of musicians. some of them are wonderful and i enjoyed playing with them. but sometimes you get those crap players who's feeling you dont want to hurt, because they are a friend. and sometimes, you get terrible musicians that are terrible human beings as well and they are just to damn ignorant to realize they suck, and so we come here and bitch about them. whats the harm in that?

There isn't any harm in that unless you generalize that behavior to all drummers, or take jokes too seriously.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this thread was started to share a good joke, rather than an attack. Yet many of the posts here seem to be "retaliating" against this particular drummer (and sometimes drummers in general) as if it was the latter.

I think this drummer made a good joke. I don't think he deserves to be punched in the face for it.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Quote by Junkstuff1
There isn't any harm in that unless you generalize that behavior to all drummers, or take jokes too seriously.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this thread was started to share a good joke, rather than an attack. Yet many of the posts here seem to be "retaliating" against this particular drummer (and sometimes drummers in general) as if it was the latter.

I think this drummer made a good joke. I don't think he deserves to be punched in the face for it.

i was just taking this opportunity to vent on the jerk i have to deal with.
Quote by Mr. T
Now we're being hasty. Let's take our chillax pill and mellow out for a second. I made this thread to share a life experience with you guys. it was funny. hahaha...the dummy made a joke against bass players. oh wait, the dummy was a drummer?!

move on.

Quote by Junkstuff1

^Thanks, btw
Quote by Benjibum

GO SENS GO!
I like bands without drummers. like mine.

Exactly for those reasons.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
All the drummers i've met are cool. Play some sick drum n' bass licks and open up with the second most ignored person in a band
well lets be honest the bassist has the easiest job in the band

you could say drums are simpler yes but they require MUCH more stamina and you have a huge responsibility because you are driving the rest of the band the band basically plays at the drummers beat
erm no... if a bassist ****s up the timing the band are screwed, if a guitarist does, it's not so important the bass is still there to keep the groove going.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Bass itself is no easier to play than Guitar, just in modern bands Bass takes a back seat because it is obviously decided by the band that that's what should happen. Bass and Guitar can be as easy or hard as you want them to be. If anything Guitar is the easiet role in a band, because like I said skill wise they can be the same, yet the Guitar has no significant role in the driving of the band, it's basically just another singer.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
i had a drummer once, but then she woke up.
hell is only a word. reality is much, much worse...
You can't say all drummers are dumb, if you have a dumb drummer then you picked a dumb one.

Any member of the band can be dumb, you shouldn't say stuff like "drummer can be like that" or anything like that. It's just a dumb generality...

BTW: The choke wasn't a good one by the drummer, just a ****ty attempt at a comeback...
I dream of a world where bassists, drummers, guitarists.vocalists,....and even the musically retarded can just get along
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
^I dream of a world where I rule the world with a velvet J-Bass and an Iron Stingray 5. Anyone whom is not a bassist is exiled to the land of the lost (what used to be Oklahoma).
heheh^^^
dibs as right hand man
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia