So, as you can tell, I'm looking for a new guitar, and narrowed it down to those 2.
Budet is under 350, music style is metal, and amp is Randall RG75g2. Anyway pros and cons
Agile Hornet Pros
-ebony fretboard
-slim uniform neck (21.5-22mm)
-set neck
-grover tuners
Cons
-AGATHIS body
-bigger scale
AXL Jacknife Pro's
-I love the body (not saying you do)
-slim neck also
-good reviews (I know, they're biased, but it can't be total crap. Also, look beyond Guitar World, like Guitar Buyer and Player, GP seemed far less biased than GW to be honest)
-smaller scale
-cheaper
Cons
-Company not too known, or trusted for that matter (has anyoneACTUALLY played one?)
-Pickups (emg designed P90's) harder to replace

Anyone who's ACTUALLY played these one, please leave your opinions on them, the last thing I need is a bunch of idiots saying it totally sucks when they've NEVER TRIED IT. Facts about why one of them might suck is fine, but bias, fear and speculation is annoying. Thanks
Last edited by E6V6I6L at May 20, 2006,
If you want a V, get a V. Don't settle for a Les paul just because it's in your price range and is a good deal.

Get what you want or you won't be happy with your purchase.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ya, you're right Xenn. In that case, it's between the Hornet and Jacknife. Phillip, do you own or just played the jacknife, it'd be nice to get an ACTUAL guy's opinion and details about it.
Also, isn't the Hornet having an Agathis body bad?
Ok, care to elaborate? Feel, neck, sound, comparisons to other stuff, you know, that kind of stuff?

Anyone own the Hornet?
Last edited by E6V6I6L at May 20, 2006,
I don't own the hornet, but I do know that agathis is horrible. You can change everything but the body wood with a guitar. Agathis is just cheap wood that really doesn't sound great. For the $300 that the hornet costs you can get much better guitars.

Doesn't Jackson make some V's for around $300-$400? I'll go look. If I can find some other V's in that price range I'll post 'em.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yeah, that's why I was kind of wary of getting it. Thanks Xenn, now if only phillip would explain his experiance...
Anyway, I guess now between the JS30KV and Jacknife. Comments, suggestions, you know what to do
Well, the King V is a dream guitar of mine, but low end Jackson's aren't much to praise. I'd check into the Jacknife.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Hmm, well, I guess I'll get the Jacknife, and let you guys know what one of them ACTUALLY is like. Besides, if I don't like it, I can just return it. Simple as that
hey, I own a jackknife and though i may be biased towards it because i only have 2 guitars, i have to give it props for smoothness. I replaced the stock strings streight away and found that it holds its tuning well. i have had it for almost a year now and constantly played it, and that still is true. it is truely a metal guitar, and AXL emphasises that, considering the only colour you can get it in - black. good pickups, but i thightened mine a bit lower because when i got it they were too close to the string. nothing a crewdiver cant fix. highly recoomend. sorry for my english i am still learning.
I love my 2800. Its a great guitar. Put in the right pickups and it will handle metal fine.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...