ive been getting really interested in gibsons lately, and i think the extra price is worth it. however i do have a limited budget (around 800$). can u guys recommend any guitars that cost about taht much yet are still good? and if u do have a gibson, wat is it?

thanks
buy a dean, get a better guitar : )
R.I.P. DIME

A TRUE COWBOY FROM HELL
A used Gibson might be good in that budget, but it's hard to find a real good Gibson for 800.
haha
I play and love the Gibson LP Classic. The reason I chossed the this one was because of the warm and rich sound. I was actually going for a high treble, clear sound, but the Gibson found me and I was sold. The difference between the Classic and the Standard is the pickups so I think the std version is waste of money since I'm changing the pups anyway due to buzzing and some perfection problems The Studio version is not worth it. It has a very cheap sound and it doesnt have the flame maple top. It's a big difference in sound and feel. But try them all out and get your own opinion Feel free to mail me if you want more info and stuff.
EDIT: No help for you.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at May 20, 2006,
I'd say...get a gibson Les Paul...but your budget is limited.We have the same problem.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
if it helps any, i currently have a yamaga AE 420. its pretty good, but im lookin for a guitar with a wider range of sounds and good craftsmanship.

thanks for the quick responses
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I have a gibson 57 reissue- and ive changed the bridge pup with a duncan (although i cant remember which model) Gibson Lps sound very dark and bassy and unless you like that you might want to forget about an Lp since changing the pick ups wouldn't be possible with your budget- no offence. You could probably afford one that has had a headstock repair for that price. I think youd be better off looking at epiphones though.
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
hahahah i find it funny that Xenn99 calls people stupid when he cant spell IDENTICAL
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Dude get a gibson if you can. Trust me they ARE!!!!!! worth every penny. Try to get more money somehow. Save up or something like that. I have a Gibson SG Standard and i love it. I have had it for about 4 months now and it is the best guitar i have ever played. They are really reasonable, mine costed $1150 or something around that price. It feels really good and plays really well. It is very versitile too. You can play anything from metal to blues. Its tone is super good. I read reviews on it before i bought it and they all said that the front pick up wasnt good under distortion but that is bull ****. Just be careful whatever you do. When you are dealing with that much money just sitting there ready to be spent on a nice guitar it can be easy to make a bad discion. But get a GIBSON. you will not be disapointed.
thanks im getting alot of conflicting responses tho, but i REALLY appreciate them all!!!

i play mostly classic rock, and occasionly blues and metal
Quote by Unclesam186
hahahah i find it funny that Xenn99 calls people stupid when he cant spell IDENTICAL

So, it was a typo. **** you. I'm trying to help you and give you information, and you mock me for a typo. One ****ing typo out of all my 500 some posts.

I'm not helping you. I hope you end up with some First Act POS.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
lol sry i was just dicking around, didnt mean for u to take it personally. i just found it humourus thats all

.....and if it makes u feel better i prolly just spelled humourus wrong
I have a gibson classic. Personally, i think its great. Nice tone, very well put together, good quality. I dont know about studio's, but if its true they're the same as classic and standard except for pickups and maple top, i'd say go for it.
Try and get a job..... there are many people that cant afford it and many people work so hard for a gibson. Well anyways, try and save up.

the only ones that suck is the gibsons below the studio. I never played a studio but all above i played except a custom black beauty (omfg so beautiful)
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
i actually am working this summer so ya hopefully i will b able to save up for a gibson. any other high quality guitars/guitar brands u guys can recommend?
$800 will get you a very nice guitar (that's exactly what my handmade Phiga cost).
But if you gotta have a Gibson, then you should save up for one.

In my opinion, Gibson make some nice guitars. But, the vast majority of thier
models are fairly ordinary. Nice, but ordinary.