how do the guitarist get that loud high pitched sound to come out of their guitat in songs like dirty leaves on the dirty ground and songs like that.....also how do they get such good pick scrapes like in crazy train....can someone tell me how to do it correctly?
use high gain distortion
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
dont be bumping threads.

You need to angle your pick. Use the side of your pick, and scrape it along the windings of the thick strings (6th 5th and 4th strings).

You would need a good signal, and good distortion.
It also helps to have your pickups close to the strings.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
You would need a good signal, and good distortion.
It also helps to have your pickups close to the strings.

could you repeat that again..i dont really get it
The signal is how well your pickups on your guitar can pickup the strings vibration and send it to the amp.

If your pickups are really low down into the body of the guitar, then your signal is going to be weak. If there really high up, like almost touching the strings, then the magnets in the pickups will too strongly attract your strings and in effect, mute them. You need to find the perfect hight of your pickups depending on how strong the magnet is.

If you can find the optimum space between the pickups and strings, it should have a good enough signal to be able to do pick scrapes.
Been away, am back
Your strings must be VERY close to the little metal circles that pick up the string vibration.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
i see a bunch of screws on my guitar...is their a way u can show me where they are......and after i do that...how do i get that high pitched sound?
WOW.... if you dont know what you are doing to your guitar as far as routine maintenance, you dont need to try to learn pick scrapes and pinch harmonics.Sorry, but working on a guitar is easier then playing guitar. But hey, good luck to you.
Quote by michaelh86
WOW.... if you dont know what you are doing to your guitar as far as routine maintenance, you dont need to try to learn pick scrapes and pinch harmonics.Sorry, but working on a guitar is easier then playing guitar. But hey, good luck to you.

Dont be such a dick.

Threadstarter, this is an old picture, but it gets the point across. You need to turn these screws only a little bit clockwise.

Dont make it so there actually touching the strings, but play the string open with your amp on until it sounds good
Been away, am back
ok....too late for me....lol....i was messing around with them....but thanks for that info......do i have to have the metal circles in mine?
if your amp is a line 6 or something like that i probably has a noise gate thats stopping alot of that stuff coming through, so turn it of. I'm amazed at how well line 6s feedback. Oh, and upping the volumes a must, all that crazy stuff sounds alot better when ur amps working a bit harder.
also, whats an effective way to ?palm mute?. when it goes: E[-----x-----]...What an effective
A[-----x-----]to get that sound out?
Quote by darkflame217
also, whats an effective way to ?palm mute?. when it goes: E[-----x-----]...What an effective
A[-----x-----]to get that sound out?

Do you mean when you mute the strings with your fret hand or when you mute them with your picking hand? For the fret hand all you have to do is place 2 or more fingers on the string and pick it. You use 2 or more because you dont want to sound a harmonic. For your pickin hand all you do is rest the end of your palm(where your pinky finger is at) lightly across the strings near the bridge. You can experiment where you place your hand, near the bridge is just the best spot for me to really give me that "chug, chug" sound.
alright thanks......but what do u mean two fingers on the string? like going parralel with the fret lines? or going like perpendicular to them
Quote by darkflame217
alright thanks......but what do u mean two fingers on the string? like going parralel with the fret lines? or going like perpendicular to them

parralel. almost like barring your fingers across the frets. just remember to push down hard enough to where you dont hear a harmonic but not hard enough to where you actually sound the note.
Quote by darkflame217
how do the guitarist get that loud high pitched sound to come out of their guitat in songs like dirty leaves on the dirty ground and songs like that.....also how do they get such good pick scrapes like in crazy train....can someone tell me how to do it correctly?

sorry 2 post twice in a row. just trying 2 help. when i first started learning all this i didnt have anybody there to teach me so i know where your coming from.
anyway..... what high pitched sound are you talking about? pinch harmonic or whammy bar scream(you hit a harmonic and grab the whammy bar and yank it up to high heaven).......
ok i think that might be how it happens...but if youve heard dead leaves of the dirty ground by the white stripes, the very first note is like a high pitched scream......if thats how much they do it, i might just go have to buy me one....how much do they cost?

Also, do u have to put your fingers on top of the fret kind of? because when i put two more fingers on the fret it gives me a good sound.....is their a pic of what your talking about?.

thanks
Using a coin instead of a pick can also produce a great scrape sound.
Daniel Hart
KE3WH
Quote by darkflame217
ok i think that might be how it happens...but if youve heard dead leaves of the dirty ground by the white stripes, the very first note is like a high pitched scream......if thats how much they do it, i might just go have to buy me one....how much do they cost?

Also, do u have to put your fingers on top of the fret kind of? because when i put two more fingers on the fret it gives me a good sound.....is their a pic of what your talking about?.

thanks

you can get a floyd rose new for $180. plus $20 for a locking nut. plus a whole lot of $$$$ for a luthier to remove your fixed bridge and drill new holes and cut into the body for it to fit. i listened to the song and it doesnt sound like hes using a floyd rose though. it sounds like hes just turning down the volume knob on his guitar hitting a natural harmonic then just turning the knob back up. you dont have to put your fingers right on top of the fret to mute the string. you can pretty much put them where you want. i could put up a pic but i am pretty new to this forum thing and dont know how???
i think this is right: go to Go Advanced. click on the insert picture button. and put in the url. i think thats how u do it