I've been thinking about getting this Strat on ebay. I've been thinking about customizing it. I really want to do this for a summer project while i wait for my Marshall Mg100HDFX that im getting out of my summer job.

Maybe putting a Zakk Wylde Bulls eye paint job on? Something cool like that.

My question is - would the chips on this guitar be fixable some how?

Since its only a MIM and it got big chips in it.. i should be able to get it for cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fender-Stratocaster-1995-MIM-Jumbo-frets-60s-pus_W0QQitemZ7416615273QQcategoryZ38082QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Why in the nine hells are you getting an MG?

Are you willingly CHOOSING to get one?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Oh, and you could do a relic mod thing on it -- seeing as it's already partially chipped.
Quote by Vindication
Why in the nine hells are you getting an MG?

Are you willingly CHOOSING to get one?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Oh, and you could do a relic mod thing on it -- seeing as it's already partially chipped.

I dont know.

I want a non tube amp.. and i only want a marshall for a small band im in. and its got a good price.
Quote by Andrewsonfire
I dont know.

I want a non tube amp.. and i only want a marshall for a small band im in. and its got a good price.

Do NOT get a Marshall MG, whatever you do.

Unless you're a masochist, although I doubt you hate yourself that much.

They sound absolutely awful, and are completely unreliable.

If you're looking for a good, cheap, fairly loud amp, look into a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT or a Roland Cube 60.

The Roland Cube is more suited for metal, whereas the Vox is more of a versatile, all-around amp.

I have a Vox AD15VT (the 15 watt version), and although I'm a metalhead, I still love iit - amazing cleans for the price, and the distortion is actually pretty good.

I can't tell you much about the Cube (I haven't played one much, but from what I've put one through, I like them), but many people here will vouch for them.
Quote by Vindication
Do NOT get a Marshall MG, whatever you do.

Unless you're a masochist, although I doubt you hate yourself that much.

They sound absolutely awful, and are completely unreliable.

If you're looking for a good, cheap, fairly loud amp, look into a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT or a Roland Cube 60.

The Roland Cube is more suited for metal, whereas the Vox is more of a versatile, all-around amp.

I have a Vox AD15VT (the 15 watt version), and although I'm a metalhead, I still love iit - amazing cleans for the price, and the distortion is actually pretty good.

I can't tell you much about the Cube (I haven't played one much, but from what I've put one through, I like them), but many people here will vouch for them.

I want a stack. What about the line 6 spider stacks?
Quote by Andrewsonfire
I want a stack. What about the line 6 spider stacks?

Don't get a stack just for the sake of getting a stack.

That's a lesson way too many people have learned the hard way.

Line 6 Spiders are bad too - extremely digital sounding.

Stick with one of those; they'll probably be enough for you -- I'm pretty sure you're not playing anything major, and I'm pretty sure those would be loud enough for you.

However, there is a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT (100 watt), but again, I doubt you'll need it.

VINDICEDIT:

That is to say, don't get a stack just because you want a stack. Almost all low-end stacks sound like utter shit, anyway.
Quote by Vindication
Don't get a stack just for the sake of getting a stack.

That's a lesson way too many people have learned the hard way.

Line 6 Spiders are bad too - extremely digital sounding.

Stick with one of those; they'll probably be enough for you -- I'm pretty sure you're not playing anything major, and I'm pretty sure those would be loud enough for you.

However, there is a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT (100 watt), but again, I doubt you'll need it.

VINDICEDIT:

That is to say, don't get a stack just because you want a stack. Almost all low-end stacks sound like utter shit, anyway.

soo.. i dont have much of a choice.. i want a stack.. and i really dont want a vox or an roland. I like vox, they sound very clean and bluesy.. but i need something a little heavier. I played the mg100 and liked it... maybe i should go against my will and get a amp that you tell me to get... yes thats what ill do.
God forbid someone tries to be helpful, stop being a dickhead. The MG has very serious reliability issues, and has a damn noisy fan.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I like the vox ad100.. but i dont know. if it helps i have a jackson MG series DKMG dinky with EMG 81/85's
Give them a try first, don't get somethign jsut because some internet stranger told you so. If you hate the vox after you tried it go with hte mg. But I myself will also recommend staying away from line 6 spders and marshal mgs. The vox ad50s can get heavy.
Quote by Andrewsonfire
I like the vox ad100.. but i dont know. if it helps i have a jackson MG series DKMG dinky with EMG 81/85's

How much do ya wanna spend on an amp?
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by StratRat13
How much do ya wanna spend on an amp?

well.. Im going to end up getting it on ebay like i do with every thing.. I would say about 800 canadian.
If you want tube, you could get a GREAT amp for that money. I'd look Traynor. If SS then you could afford the higher end Vox modeling amps.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
You could take the insides out of the combo amp, build a head and a cab, and replace the insides. Voila, semi-instant stack.
Quote by StratRat13
If you want tube, you could get a GREAT amp for that money. I'd look Traynor. If SS then you could afford the higher end Vox modeling amps.

Yeah, I hear very good things about Traynors.

Threadstarter...I know plenty of dumbasses, but you, sir, are one special kind of dumbass.

You have up to $800 Canadian, and yet you want to get an MG.

You want to get a stack, even though it's completely fucking pointless.

And, worst of all, I simplify everything for you and try to be helpful, and then you refer to me as if I don't know what I'm talking about, while you're getting ready to buy a 100 watt MG.

I mean, it takes a special kind of dumbass to actually want to buy a 100-watt MG stack, and completely disregard advice from other people, even though MGs are utter shit.

It's dipshits like you that make me lose faith in humanity.

VINDICEDIT:

Hell, on second thought, go ahead and get the MG.

It should teach you a lesson.

I'd punch you in the face, but I think buying an MG would hurt worse.

The eardrums may heal, but the emotional scars will always be there...
Last edited by Vindication at May 20, 2006,
Quote by Vindication
Yeah, I hear very good things about Traynors.

Threadstarter...I know plenty of dumbasses, but you, sir, are one special kind of dumbass.

You have up to $800 Canadian, and yet you want to get an MG.

You want to get a stack, even though it's completely fucking pointless.

And, worst of all, I simplify everything for you and try to be helpful, and then you refer to me as if I don't know what I'm talking about, while you're getting ready to buy a 100 watt MG.

I mean, it takes a special kind of dumbass to actually want to buy a 100-watt MG stack, and completely disregard advice from other people, even though MGs are utter shit.

It's dipshits like you that make me lose faith in humanity.

VINDICEDIT:

Hell, on second thought, go ahead and get the MG.

It should teach you a lesson.

I'd punch you in the face, but I think buying an MG would hurt worse.

The eardrums may heal, but the emotional scars will always be there...

people like you make me lose faith in humanity.. freakin out over nothing, ****.
god just let him get the amp he wants, he said he wants it stop ragging on him because he likes something you don't.
Trust me man don't buy a Marshall Mg stack. BUuy a tube combo, they can get loud as hell and to get that metal sound all you'ld need to do is put a distorion pedal in front of it, tube amps go great with pedals.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster