i got a used ibanez rg 470 about two weeks ago and ive been looking to do some upgrading/customizing but im kinda stuck as to what to do.

im gonna get new pups and ive heard that dimarzos sound the best in basswood so i thought about getting the Evo2's. should i?

the guitar is currently green.....which has to change, and i thought about white/white pups but i dont want to look like im trying to be steve vai, would black/white pups look cool at all? or suggest some other color idea..

ive heard something about the guitar neck not being straight with the guitar and people put things between the neck and body so it levels out? what should i do for that?

i also thought about scalloping but idk if i should do it or not.

any other ideas are greatly welcome........

heres a pic of what it looks like now

its got a floyd rose/stock ibanez pups/ and with the volume knob..i pulled it off when i bought it and the nut under it broke so i have to find one similar...
buy a new volume knob
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
buy a new volume knob

lol pay attention man..i have the volume knob the little nut that holds it on broke and im too lazy to search through 1000000 nuts down in the garage.
For the pickups I'd take DiMarzio's: Air Zone in the neck and Tone zone in the bridge for a good rock/metal sound, you can take Joe Satriani's pickup too theyre very cool too, very versatile. For the single coil in the middle I dunno 'cause I majorly use humbuckers, but try a dimarzio, maybe a Red Velvet, depends on the EQ you want, get another knob for your volume and you're in business dude. I don't like the color too much but if you like it it's fine loll
Quote by Ibzman
For the pickups I'd take DiMarzio's: Air Zone in the neck and Tone zone in the bridge for a good rock/metal sound, you can take Joe Satriani's pickup too theyre very cool too, very versatile. For the single coil in the middle I dunno 'cause I majorly use humbuckers, but try a dimarzio, maybe a Red Velvet, depends on the EQ you want, get another knob for your volume and you're in business dude. I don't like the color too much but if you like it it's fine loll

thanks man ill look up the tone zone / air zone / red velvet.

yeah i dont like the color but idk wht to do about it bc i like white/white pickups but that would look alot like steve vai so idk..
Just be sure to try the pickups before in a basswood body guitar, if it doesnt suit, try a Ibanez JS1200 (got the Mo Joe and Paf Joe in it so you can have an idea of what it could sound in yours since it has a basswood body too.)
Quote by theusedsk8er
thanks man ill look up the tone zone / air zone / red velvet.

yeah i dont like the color but idk wht to do about it bc i like white/white pickups but that would look alot like steve vai so idk..

I think white/black pickups would look nice =D
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Do white with the black hardware and black pickups, that'd look nice on the RG.
Quote by Gman400
my instrincts tell me big boobs=more estrogen=more bitc* or big boobs=more silicone=less woman=more slut=great sex=genital warts

It's MySpace
Quote by walkingonspikes
I think white/black pickups would look nice =D

yeah it probably would. especially with all my hardware being black. thanks alot man.

when i get all the parts ordered and stuff ill open a thread in the guitar customization forum.
Put in a new Bridge. That Lo-TRS is not so good
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Maybe an OFR should fit, it has similar style, but you have to measure it correctly and compare it to Floyd Rose's template. But yeah, Lo-Trs arent that great of a trem, knife edges wear off fast.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Maybe an OFR should fit, it has similar style, but you have to measure it correctly and compare it to Floyd Rose's template. But yeah, Lo-Trs arent that great of a trem, knife edges wear off fast.

alright thx
Quote by mexican_shred
Put in a new Bridge. That Lo-TRS is not so good

+1.

you might need to drill bigger holes for the studs for a decent trem, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?