hey i was wondering if anyone here knew of the band called "the string cheese incident." they are a preety new band (i guess), and i really love them. i just bout their album "untying the not" today. they are a band that mix a lot of genres, including rock, blues, jazz, bluegrazz, among others. the guitarist really catches my ear because he sounds a lot like Trey Anastasio of Phish.

anyway, what are your thoughts on this band?
They're pretty good, definitely one of the better jam bands around today. They do have their fair share of bad songs, though. They aren't really that new, their debut came out in '97 (I looked it up, didn't know the year off of the top of my head).
The string cheese incident are AMAZING. Great jam band, I'd advise everyone here to look them up.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Jam at its best
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Hmmh never heard of them, but since there seem to be alot of positive thoughts about them I have to check them out.
Ann-Kristin skriver
I saw them live twice. The thing about jam bands for me is that I love watching/listening to them live but I'm almost always disappointed in the studio albums. I might be seeing a new band Bill Nershi is in at Old Settler's this year.
looking to get signed to Pieface Records
I saw them live twice. The thing about jam bands for me is that I love watching/listening to them live but I'm almost always disappointed in the studio albums. I might be seeing a new band Bill Nershi is in at Old Settler's this year.

Heh, your not supposed to buy the cd.. your supposed to go to all of the live performances that you possibly can because they are THAT good live.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard