Page 1 of 2
i find that the talent of guitar players in bands were mostily through the 70s-late 80-s, but now the more modern music which is being played on the radio is now just pretty much power chords, why are the not talented guitar players getting reconised more then the talented players

I talked to this one person ( outside of the website) and she said that theres a mesage in there music, but that dosent mean they are taleneted its now just the rythim music that will convince a person to listen to a bands music

But do you think that in the future ( 2020 and on, or a bit sooner) will bring back the talent have have the real guitar players noticed
probably not. music is controlled by image and MTV today. unless MTV decides to start really plugging bands with ripping lead guitar then it'll never come back. even worse, bands nowadays don't get a good lead guitarist because they see it as "not selling" so eventually lead guitar will be totally gone i'm afraid.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
i think its slowly coming back at the moment. all the old bands are recording new album and there are old rockers still beltin out. zakk wylde i'd say is part of the revolution taking place. alot of metal has the skill, more technical, than soulful. it will come back and it is right now. i hope that us young guitarists can be part of that new wave of classic rock based music
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
if the more talented players were advirtiesed with todays media, dp you think that they would have people listen to them, or is it just that people prefer bands like greeday, or other bands that dont have much tallent with their insuments
It's not going to come back and thank God for it.

I could go on and on with an arguement, but that would just be really redundant for me and most regulars here, so I'm not even going to bother.
you dont want to go on with an argument because you dont no why the talent is not going to come back
I don't want to go on with the arguement because I know where the talent is now, I don't care if the talent comes back or not, and I don't listen to modern music, not even classic rock (save a few bands) and thereby don't really care.

Now look at the hypocrate you've made of me. Stupid git...
im stupid?, i made you come back and have an argument with me, even though you said

"I could go on and on with an arguement, but that would just be really redundant for me and most regulars here, so I'm not even going to bother"

i just proved you wrong
There are still talented bands out today. You just have to look for them yourself instead of looking to MTV and the radio.

People need to let go of the past and embrace the future. I have no problem with todays music. You just have to search for good bands and this site is the perfect place to find them.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Are you retarded or something (best you don't answer that because you're atrocious grammer would prove my case)?

I have an arguement, I'm just not arguing because it's pointless and redundant. Practically every regular here knows it. Now I sound like a fucking hypocrate because I'm arguing on a completely different topic here (the question of your idiocy), which is still wasting my time.
righting a simple yet effective song is just as challenging and requires a similar ammount of talent as it does to create 3-4 minutes of wankage

dont get me wrong, i hate modern rock just as much as the next classic rock guy, but that doesnt mean that there musicians suck
The most talented musicians very rarely get as much notice. Classical and jazz musicians don't get the recognition that rock musicians get. Only a very few of these players are recognized at all by normal people, like Yo-Yo Ma (and even with him I doubt 3/4 of my friends know him).

Anyways, Derek Trucks gets a lot of recognition on this site, and I think he's better than 90% of the rock stuff to come out of the 70s and 80s.
Unfortunatly, big music companys only find easy talent to sell out to the media. MTV is a fine example of music gone bad. Dont get me wrong. I am a fan of all genres of music, but it is the fault of big music companys that exploit there bands to the max. They have done it so much that people in this day and age are not interested in listening to complicated music.

Its sad, but maybe one day things will turn around and hard working musicians will get the respect they deserve in the music industry.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Maet
Are you retarded or something (best you don't answer that because you're atrocious grammer would prove my case)?

I have an arguement, I'm just not arguing because it's pointless and redundant. Practically every regular here knows it. Now I sound like a fucking hypocrate because I'm arguing on a completely different topic here (the question of your idiocy), which is still wasting my time.

The guy whose posts are filled with numerous spelling errors has the nerve to comment on someone's grammar. (Notice the A) I find that funny.

Personally I believe that until people shift focus to what their music is saying, rather than how it is being said, the dark ages of music will continue.
Rig:
1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50
Marshall 1960 Slant Cab
VOX10T552 Wah
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
Quote by Billy Badass
The guy whose posts are filled with numerous spelling errors has the nerve to comment on someone's grammar. (Notice the A) I find that funny.

i second that
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by Thread Title
will the tallent of clasic rock come back

Talk about being narrow-minded. Where "talent" lies depends soley on the person doing the listening. This isn't a type of question that can be answered and it will only spawn numerous arguments. It ties in directly with the whole "different opinions" thing. But that should have been obvious and I won't start in on that.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by Jesse Barnes
thats true , but why arnt the talented bands not as noticed as the others

Money, not everyone can appreciate talent and would rather listen to something new and different. As mindless as it may be. And then a question could be asked: Why was talent recognized before? And it is simply because it was new and different. Music has been constantly and rapidly evolving over the past century.

And there is plenty of talent floating around... all you need to do is look harder.
Like for example: Raul Midon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ynk6W3qM9-w&search=raul%20midon
The newer bands I've listened to that have talent are, as most people said, NOT those you'll find on MTV, VH1, etc.

Also, some of the bands have direct ties to Classic Rock bands, and therefore play music like those bands do (for example, The Derek Trucks Band - Derek plays with The Allman Brothers Band, and some of his music is based from that, along with jazz and many other varieties of music).
Quote by TheUltimateSin
Talk about being narrow-minded. Where "talent" lies depends soley on the person doing the listening. This isn't a type of question that can be answered and it will only spawn numerous arguments. It ties in directly with the whole "different opinions" thing. But that should have been obvious and I won't start in on that.

hes talking about being talented and using your talent on the guitar...this is ultimate-guitar.com afterall.

today all bands (mainstream) are power chord warriors and never push there instruments (And i do'nt care if they could if they wanted to...the fact is they don't). its like having a ferrari and never going over 20 miles an hour.

the 70's and 80's where filled with musicians of great skill when it came to the guitar. today you just don't see that. noone even knows what the guitarists' names are in bands anymore unless your hardcore fan. but in the 80's people knew who joe perry, jimmy page, slash, eddie van halen, etc. where just as well as the lead singer.

but now since music is so much about image a band only stays hot enough for you to know there band name and thats it. most of the time its a good thing considering the crap they are playing right now.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by TheUltimateSin

talent is not on how a person listens to music, tallent is how an instrument is played and the skill they have with it. You are not able to compare Billi Joe (Greenday) to Neil Young ( which is an amazing artist with talent) and to say that just Billi Joe is more talented, because he is advritised more then neil young.
I hope one day that MTV goes under and all these pop-punk bands fall on there A**.Until a good hard rock or light metal band comes out and make kickA** songs i will listen to no Modern Rock.But until another truly talented band with a good hard rock vibe rises to the top and makes MTV junkies realize punk and emo sucks,only then will hard rock rise again.But thank god that ACDC is still up and runnin.
Quote by bonchie1
hes talking about being talented and using your talent on the guitar...this is ultimate-guitar.com afterall.

today all bands (mainstream) are power chord warriors and never push there instruments (And i do'nt care if they could if they wanted to...the fact is they don't). its like having a ferrari and never going over 20 miles an hour.

the 70's and 80's where filled with musicians of great skill when it came to the guitar. today you just don't see that. noone even knows what the guitarists' names are in bands anymore unless your hardcore fan. but in the 80's people knew who joe perry, jimmy page, slash, eddie van halen, etc. where just as well as the lead singer.

but now since music is so much about image a band only stays hot enough for you to know there band name and thats it. most of the time its a good thing considering the crap they are playing right now.

i agree
Quote by bonchie1

Right ther with ya!!!
+880_____________________________

_++88_____________________________

_++88_____________________________

__+880_________________________++_

__+888________________________+88_

__++880______________________+88__

__++888_____+++88__________+++8__

__++8888__+++8880++88____+++88___

__+++8888+++8880++8888__++888____

___++888++8888+++888888++888_____

___++88++8888++8888888++888______

___++++++888888888888888888______

____++++++88888888888888888______

____++++++++000888888888888______

_____+++++++000088888888888______

______+++++++00088888888888______

_______+++++++088888888888_______

_______+++++++088888888888_______

________+++++++8888888888________

________+++++++0088888888________

________++++++0088888888_________

________+++++0008888888__________

Rock is not dead.
^^^ Is that real or did I just shit on the screen again?

What talent? There are so few talented Classic Rock musicians its actually funny.
theres a lot of talented bands out today, but you dont see them in the media that often, if at all
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
^^I'm not saying you're wrong or right with that last statement, but I'd like for you to explain it... please.

Well for the first part, basically i though i might have had an accident on the screen again, but apparantly not seen as poo normally doesn't go away when you click the back button.

For the second part, basically, being able to play a rock solo on a minor pentatonic scale doesn't make you talented, there are very few talented guitarists who play classic rock, purely because what they do is so easily repeatable. Thats why it bugs me so much when people instantly go Page, Clapton, Hendrix, Angus Young etc... are the best guitarists in the world. None of them are actually that good, they can just play solos and some of them composed some good songs.

Real talent lies way beyond rock guitar solos, really talented players are the guys who can play every style, the teachers and professional musicians that nobody hears about, because in the end, talent doesn't make you famous. Although in some cases talents are just too good to be ignored - Jerry Reed
i don't really agree with you there but i want no argument.
Talented bands and musicians never disappeared people. There are hundreds of great young bands arround. They're just not popular because it's not trendy. Once guitar solos and good musicianship becomes trendy, these bands will get more popular.
Quote by master
Talented bands and musicians never disappeared people. There are hundreds of great young bands arround. They're just not popular because it's not trendy. Once guitar solos and good musicianship becomes trendy, these bands will get more popular.

Yeah. Theres has been plenty of bad music in the past as well, its just been forgotten, so we have to go through the bad music of today.

And theres plenty of even more talented guitarists and other musicians in the past thats nobody knows of.
Quote by Jesse Barnes
talent is not on how a person listens to music, tallent is how an instrument is played and the skill they have with it. You are not able to compare Billi Joe (Greenday) to Neil Young ( which is an amazing artist with talent) and to say that just Billi Joe is more talented, because he is advritised more then neil young.

"Talent" is nearly completely subjective. "Talent" is also a blatently hollow and vague word. What "talent" is to one one person may not be to another. Person 1 thinks Guitarist A is talented, but Person 2 thinks Guitarist A is not talented at all.

For example, this almost directly relates to all of the kids/people today who think classic rock musicians weren't talented at all, so in their minds that talent never existed in the first place and thus can't possibly return.

Do you see what I am trying to say? It's difficult to try to explain me train of thought here, but I'm givin' her all go hell.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by Derigiberble
For the second part, basically, being able to play a rock solo on a minor pentatonic scale doesn't make you talented, there are very few talented guitarists who play classic rock, purely because what they do is so easily repeatable. Thats why it bugs me so much when people instantly go Page, Clapton, Hendrix, Angus Young etc... are the best guitarists in the world. None of them are actually that good, they can just play solos and some of them composed some good songs.

I agree to some extent. I enjoy listening to the guitarists you listed, but they certainly weren't the top guys out there.

Basically, to sum up my thoughts, I like their music, I think those guitarists had some good songs (a few had many good songs), but their time has passed and I'm not interested in classic rock clones dominating the airwaves.
Yeah dude... theres some really good stuff out these days... you just have to look beyond the main stream. Music is always evolving anyway... the 70s are long gone, that era isn't going to come back. There may be a few bands who have similar sounds, but the popular music scene is always evolving and progressing into something new.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Page 1 of 2