i have a couple questions about mesa boogie.

whats the main difference between the dual recto and triple recto? is the extra 100 dollars worth it? or is 150 watts tube way overkill.

what kinda cab should i get for one of the rectifiers? should i get the rectifier cab or something like the roadking cab. thats half closed.

how much would it cost to get the dimond plate on the sides of the cabs? and the replacement lens for the heads do they just pop off?

for the heads instead of silver dimond plate can i get it in black or insted of dimond plate use sumhin like the stuff they use on marshalls.

and i heard of something like a chrome chassis for the head. is that just instead of tolex they use metal?

and do they still sell pedals like overdrive. i think it was called the bottlerocket. were they any good or is something like a tubescreamer bettwe
Quote by VoodooMagic_69
i have a couple questions about mesa boogie.

whats the main difference between the dual recto and triple recto? is the extra 100 dollars worth it? or is 150 watts tube way overkill.

what kinda cab should i get for one of the rectifiers? should i get the rectifier cab or something like the roadking cab. thats half closed.

how much would it cost to get the dimond plate on the sides of the cabs? and the replacement lens for the heads do they just pop off?

for the heads instead of silver dimond plate can i get it in black or insted of dimond plate use sumhin like the stuff they use on marshalls.

and i heard of something like a chrome chassis for the head. is that just instead of tolex they use metal?

and do they still sell pedals like overdrive. i think it was called the bottlerocket. were they any good or is something like a tubescreamer bettwe

The only difference between the Dual and the Triple is 50watts. yes, its overkill.

IMO the Traditional Recto cab is the best for a Recto.

Im not sure about the cost of the diamond plating. But if youre talking about the jewel lights they screw on and off.

Yeah, you can find some heads with chrome diamond plating on the sides.

If you think you need a booster for a Recto...think again. They have more gain then you will ever need to use.
Quote by VoodooMagic_69
so overdrive wouldn't be worth it then

yeah dude the Rectos just have unGodly amounts of gain. Adding an OD infront would make it sound too sloppy.
Well yeah triple Rectos are ridiculous, meant only for guys who have something to compensate for

AS far as cabs go either get the Recto cab or use a Marshall cab like the 1960AV (yeah dude it's awesome) But the road king cab is only meant for the road king, you wouldnt be able to use its features

As far as price goes I'm not entirely sure, but it is something you have to get custom done through the dealer. And the jewel lens is secured well but if you should want to replace it they are all over ebay

Well Mesa used to have a limited edition with the flat black diamond plate but I don't know if they still do it, and no the only way to get a grille cloth like Marshall does is to make one which could screw up some ventilation. If you really want it black I suppose some spray paint could get the job done

Yeah they can do a chrome chassis but it looks really stupid

No they don't make bottlerockets anymore, its a shame though. But you wouldn't really need one if you are getting the amp. But then again I use mine sometimes to open up the preamp, it changes the type of distortion. If you really want one there are rare cases of them on ebay but they are pretty expensive. The thing to keep in mind is that the bottlerocket isn't really a pedal like the tubescreamer it is a preamp, with two preamp tubes in it
Quote by Erock503
you can get just about any option you want if you're willing to pay

keywords: WILLING TO PAY

lol
Most of the people on here interested in Recto stacks are n00bs who like the image. There are a lot more Boogies out there than just the Rectos.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Most of the people on here interested in Recto stacks are n00bs who like the image. There are a lot more Boogies out there than just the Rectos.

I really wanna try the Mark IV more. Ive played it like once for a grand total of about 14 seconds.

I chose the Dual Recto cuz I think its right for me. And Im in a position where a halfstack is needed.