I'm sorta new to electric guitars and I want to get a guitar that sounds yellowcardish and falloutboyish. Is the Arbor AS360 any good? Its got dual humbuckers and looks sweet but I don't know if it sounds good or not.
first off... yellowcard and fallout boy arent punk rock. they are pop punk. and no dual humbuckers are not good for that sound. you need open coil pickups, on full blast treble mode.
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
Quote by hshagel08
I'm sorta new to electric guitars and I want to get a guitar that sounds yellowcardish and falloutboyish. Is the Arbor AS360 any good? Its got dual humbuckers and looks sweet but I don't know if it sounds good or not.

if you want that yellowcard tone, i suggest not getting a guitar at all...
guys...stop the flamming...i would have to say get a HSH combo, bucker single bucker, then you get the bost of both worlds, that way...if your style eventually changes in any way...you can still get a warm humbucker sound
or just wire the humbuckers to be splittable and play them single, then when you get sick of that sh1t music and move onto real music you've still got the humbuckers
^ you put any sort of distortion behind the dot and it's going to feed back like ****!! If your looking for pop punk, unfortunatly it's right in between needing a hmbucker and not needing one (alot of distortion on that crap, masks crappyness of the guitarists lol). Splittable humbuckers would be bect, but there is no chance you can afford them standard. So, try HSS Squire Strat (since you can't afford a Mexican Fender).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Since when did you need a specific pickup for punk? Buy a random guitar and amp and crank it. Punk is about attitude.

---------
Offering a real reponse:

Get any humbucker equipped guitar and a practice amp (if you're just learning, which it sounds like you are) like a small Roland Cube.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by onemanarmy9
^ you put any sort of distortion behind the dot and it's going to feed back like ****!!

Have you ever tried one? They have the solid center block, they're fine blasting with distortion. It would actually be a good choice. And humbuckers are fine for punk or pop-rock.
Quote by YoungPilgrim
Since when did you need a specific pickup for punk? Buy a random guitar and amp and crank it. Punk is about attitude.

true
johnny ramone baught a mosrite guitar for 60 bucks and used it through his career.
Quote by redSG
first off... yellowcard and fallout boy arent punk rock. they are pop punk. and no dual humbuckers are not good for that sound. you need open coil pickups, on full blast treble mode.

wow punk rock to pop punk, big difference!
Quote by AmIEvil?
true
johnny ramone baught a mosrite guitar for 60 bucks and used it through his career.

No he didn't.

His first guitar was a baby blue Mosrite. The white and black Mosrite everyone knows was purchased in 1977 to replace the blue one when it was stolen.

There's an excellent site on it here.
well anyway, you got my point. im pretty sure the newer mosrite he bought wasnt too good either.
Quote by Air Guitarist!
wow punk rock to pop punk, big difference!

There is a huge difference. Punk music is good. Listen to the Clash or The Ramones sometime.

pop-punk in nearly all cases is garbage, meant only to attract mindless 12 year olds to pay $13 for a CD because it's "cool."

And, calling fallout boy and yellowcard pop-punk is an insult to that genre. They're mainstream pop.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
So what 'r ya'll suggesting. I'm looking to get a good guitar and a cheap amp so when I decide I need a better one the amp won't be a loss and I won't have to get used to another guitar
Quote by Xenn99
There is a huge difference. Punk music is good. Listen to the Clash or The Ramones sometime.

pop-punk in nearly all cases is garbage, meant only to attract mindless 12 year olds to pay $13 for a CD because it's "cool."

And, calling fallout boy and yellowcard pop-punk is an insult to that genre. They're mainstream pop.

You, sir, are an idiot.

For one, both The Ramones and The Clash, if not pop-punk themselves, heavily influence many pop-punk bands.

Way to overgeneralize, champ.
Last edited by LiLFLiP at May 31, 2006,
SO what if they influence pop punk, THEY arent pop punk are they? If you're only starting out, get a squire, upgrade later.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2