Has anyone else played this thing, I tried it at the music store and I almost crapped myself in the store, it was an awsome amp, very versatile with good cleans and a choice between a crunchy tone or a heavy tone I loved it, did anyone else?

Here's a link-http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PeaveyJSX212JoeSatrianiComboAmp?sku=481441
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I like it a lot. IMO If anyones thinking about the XXX I say just save up and go for the JSX. IMO...a much better amp.
I own it! i love the amp to death. The cleans are sparkling. If you properly EQ the crunch channel you can get a pushed or half pushed jcm800 sound. And on the ultra if you EQ it right you can get a mesa-esque tone.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
I own it! i love the amp to death. The cleans are sparkling. If you properly EQ the crunch channel you can get a pushed or half pushed jcm800 sound. And on the ultra if you EQ it right you can get a mesa-esque tone.

Yeah thats why its my #2 option for an amp for me. Im set on the Dual Recto but idk...the JSX is such a damn good amp!
I wish I had the money to buy it, too bad I'm only a sad little 15-year old.

I guess I'll have to start saving up, my birthday's coming up so that should give me some extra cash, and my parents usually help me out when I'm buying gear.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
and my parents usually help me out when I'm buying gear.

Youre lucky. I bought 90% of my gear myself.

JSX= great amp.
^^good luck. Also consider getting a half stack version(2 by 12 cab). the Combo is great and all but it weighs a little too much for a lightweight like me. And its really awkward to haul down stairs or into a room or onto a car.
Quote by mexican_shred
^^good luck. Also consider getting a half stack version(2 by 12 cab). the Combo is great and all but it weighs a little too much for a lightweight like me. And its really awkward to haul down stairs or into a room or onto a car.

the head is a hefty size head. and 2x12 cabs are pretty heavy as well, good ones anyways.

It would be twice the work going the Head and Cab route as it would a combo.

Halfstack=two trips up and down the stairs.
Combo=one trip up and down the stairs.

the sound will be about the same...
^head is about 50 pounds. and an avatar 2x12 is about 43 pounds(may not be as good as other but still decent).

the combo is about 90 pounds.
I'm not sure, I don't have a cab and I don't travel too much anyways. Besides, I think 120Watts of all-tube is enough hearing damage.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Youre lucky. I bought 90% of my gear myself.

JSX= great amp.

100% here
and agreed, the JSX is a pretty kickass amp. I got to hear one in person, and I was very impressed with it's versatility.

I agree with Mexican shred about the 2x12 stack personally. For a smaller guy like myself, it's a lot easier to make 2 trips for the head and cab, than struggle carrying a 2x12 up and down stairs. I've almost taken a couple headers coming down with one.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Hehe having my JSX drop on my toes changed my prefernce for everything to be a bit sperate.

Next amp i get its being a head and a seperate cab.

JSx: The headroom on this thing is enormous. I've tried to make the clean channel clip and to no avail it stayed clean. It can also handle pedals very well. Pedals that don't have true bypass for example dont end up destroying the tone too much.
So are there any problems with this, does it have a noise problem like the XXX, or is it flawless?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
^ no problems from mine so far. only problem that i've had is the need to change the tubes. I still havent gotten around to it but its fine. The noisegate is a nice feature(taking away alot of the hum). It stays clean when it has to be clean and goes dirty when it has to.
^yup. For example if your next to somethign that emits soem kind of Radio Wave etc then you might pickups something unesscary. Or if you're next to a computer screen you will get tons of hum and feedback.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Any high gain amp, depending on the environment and power supply, can have a noise problem.....

hheeeyy ibanez is alive.

but yeah. its nice to have a whole circuit to yourself for your amp. if you plug in like a blender on the same thing youre going to get buzz.
Cool, I guess I'm gonna be spending hours at a time at my local shop, it's not like I don't already, they know my name already.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky