here are pics of my guitar bridge and the tremolo system

from madpickin
"On original OEM Ibanez, the FAT6 is closest to what you can get to that picture, but its not a FAT6. Its a standard vintage style tremolo, the one that you see in most strats, only that it has black hardware color. You can set your bridge to floating 2-way tremolo but the tunings will run off quickly (try it out 1st if you want) coz it doesnt have any double locking mechanism. Get your strings 1st and i'll tell you how to set it up to 2-way or 1-way, or a no-way."

(click on pictures to enlarge)

How can I make a tremolo bar cheaply with home materials?
You need a blowtorch, a small stainless steel bar, and a tap and die set. 1st you have to figure out what thread you have on the inside of the trem. The best way to do this is to get a bunch of bolts with different threads and just keep trying them untill you find one that fits. Then find the matching thread in the tap and die set and put the threads on the end of the steel bar. After you have the threads on the end of the bar you need to mark where you need to bend the bar. Clamp the bar in a vice so that the point that needs bent sticks out about 3/4" and then on the other side of where you need to bend the bar you need to clamp on some vicegrips. Now take a blowtourch and heat the point that need bent untill the metal gets soft enough to bend. After you have bent the bar let it cool on it's own because cooling it too fast can make it brittle. After it's cool you have your bar.

If you don't already have a tap and die set and a blowtourch then you will spend more money making it then you would buying it.
Not taking any online orders.
:this bar will suck if you do this: find a bold that fits the threads, find some metal, bolt the bold to the metal, skrew it into your guitar, it works, not well at all but it works
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
brian may made a locking tremelo for his red speshial it shouldnt be to hard i cant rember where i saw pics on how to make it but it shouldnt be too hard to find...
^you can't just buy any ol' trem arm tho. You have to get the one with the right threads.
^unless of course you want to cross-thread it and get it stuck in there forever...

Usually guitar shops have like a box of different threaded bars, and I would look around there for one first. However, if they don't have one Cord's way with the die is the best option (you don't need a tap btw, they're for internal threads).
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
^can you buy just a die that size? I've only seen them in sets.
I've seen them for sale seperately, but they do usually come in sets yes.

http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=80010&CTL_CAT_CODE=30505&STK_PROD_CODE=M36501&XPAGENO=1
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.