Well actually, I've played a school talent show and a graduation but this my first "real gig". Anyway, we're opening and our setlist consists of

1. Rock and Roll- Led Zeppelin
2. Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Original
4. Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
5. Original
6. Another Brick Pt.2- Pink Floyd
7. If we are short of the limit, we might play "Paranoid" or I might play a solo version of "Under the Bridge"

As my guitar playing goes, I'm nervous but I'm more of an excited nervous then scared nervous. Although my singing, I'm not really sure about. I've never really sung in a gig setting before and it was only a month or two ago that I really started singing seriously (and that was because I was forced). I'm not worried about the quality of my voice, because everyone I've sang in front of says it's really good (and I can sound almost exactly like Anthony Keidis on "Dani"). My problem is that I'll either a) get too nervous and ruin my voice b) forget my lyrics. What are some good suggestions to calm my nerves? (And sorry if the post looks a little confusing.)
Why should I care
If I have to cut my hair
I have to move with the fashions
or be an outcast

The Who- "Cut My Hair" from the album Quadrophenia
Before your gig, just focus on nothing but your words. Your starting pitch, your breathing, what your first word is, what your first note on the guitar is gonna be, where you're gonna stand, etc. Just prepare. Little things like this will keep your mind off your nerves, and make you feel more prepared. Being nervous will constrict your vocal cords, and other unpleasant things. Just prep yourself and play your heart out.
Gestating with all the other rats
Nurse said that my skin will need a graft I am of pockmarked shapes
The vermin you need to loathe
-The Mars Volta
The best thing for me to do before a gig is to not think about it too much. You're only going to be nervous if you worry too much. That and think about the words of the songs you're going to do like Pineapple said. Good luck!
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Here's a sort of abstract technique....If you're really prepared, you've written your entire's setlist's lyrics down by heart over and over, sung everysong outloud a bajillion times, in your head a bajillion more, performed in front of friends to get stage expierience, and had enough practices, here's an idea.

Do absolutely nothing related to the band. Just chill, hang out with people other than your band members, eat lightly, drink some water, stretch. Keep your mind off of things. IF you appear relaxed, then eventually you will be. Then right before you go on, remind yourself that you were the one that got yourself into this. No one is making you do this but yourself. That thought always calms me down a lot.
Just be prepared and nothing'll go wrong - relax on stage and enjoy yourselves - try talking to the crowd a bit too, that should help.
Make out with a girl. I'm not kidding.

I made out with my girl friend right before a gig in front of 1,000 and I was so relaxed.

It works. Trust me.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Make out with a girl. I'm not kidding.

I made out with my girl friend right before a gig in front of 1,000 and I was so relaxed.

It works. Trust me.

Sexual acitivity before a big event like a performance or a speach IS proven to calm your nerves. But unless you have a girlfriend or a really cool teacher it's not gonna work too well.
Gestating with all the other rats
Nurse said that my skin will need a graft I am of pockmarked shapes
The vermin you need to loathe
-The Mars Volta
if your good enough, then there shouldnt be really much fear, and if there is it should go when u start playing. However terrifying your first performance is, each time u play it'll be a little less terrifying and you'll start enjoying it. Just try to play as well as you can and stay tight, nothing is more soul destroying than screwing up in the middle of a song
oh man dawg, s'all bout the first gig.

i remember my first gig... it worked out well. lol.

just stay calm. do your thing.

lift some weights before the show.
or yea wat the others say.
make out with someone.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

smoke a doob

and if you know the songs youre playing really well, you will be fine.