Page 1 of 2
IF EVERY ONE SUBMITS A CLASSIC QUOTE THEN WELL HAVE A BIG LIST OF QUOTES PROBELLY

ONE OF MY FAVORITES

"ID RATHER BE DEAD THEN STILL SINGING SATISFACTION WHEN IM 40"

MICK JAGGER
Our music has depth, and attempts philosophical thought and meaning with discussions of infinity, eternity and mortality. There is a line which people cross that turns it into some magical, mystical realm, for which I don't claim responsibility and don't hold any great truck with.
-David Gilmour
Quote by Rolling_Stone
IF EVERY ONE SUBMITS A CLASSIC QUOTE THEN WELL HAVE A BIG LIST OF QUOTES PROBELLY

ONE OF MY FAVORITES

"ID RATHER BE DEAD THEN STILL SINGING SATISFACTION WHEN IM 40"

MICK JAGGER

i believe that that quote was actually john lennon saying the same thing about one of his songs.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
"When i'm gone, there'll still be the records"- Neil Young
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
it's in my sinature
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
"We wouldn't have been able to handle the fame if it would've hit us all of the sudden. When I was young I always dreamed of having a group that was adored by few and ignored by the rest of the world, like Nick Drake. Fortunately, when we became famous, I had no time to reflect upon anything anymore. "

-Robert Smith

"I am the Golden God!"

-Robert Plant
Quote by Antroid
"We're bigger than Jesus!" - John Lennon

http://beatlesnumber9.com/biggerjesus.html

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."

Then his explanation:

"Well, originally I pointed out that fact in reference to England. That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion at that time. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it as a fact and it's true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is. I just said what I said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this."
Quote by ta too tee
I played with Slash yesterday. It was super cool cuz we played some Nirvana and Britney Spears songs. Good stuff! I also taught him how to play Sweet Child O'Mine
hunting is perfect, and anyone who diasgrees is perfectly retarded

uncle ted nugent,

and about the clapton and making people cry, i was pretty damn close to crying during brian mays solo at the queen concert...
"F*ck off! F*ck off my f*ucking stage!"

Pete Townshend at Woodstock immediately preceding his assault of Abbie Hoffman with his guitar.
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
on one of the bootlegs I have, Joe Walsh said something to the effect of "If I were president, the first thing I would do is give everyone free toilet paper for life. It's the least I could do!"

on Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD, Walsh says (I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like...) "If I knew I would be singing this song for the rest of my life, I would have wrote a different song. If you know the words, sing along, and if not, just shout...that's all that I do"

Joe Walsh = awesome
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage
on one of the bootlegs I have, Joe Walsh said something to the effect of "If I were president, the first thing I would do is give everyone free toilet paper for life. It's the least I could do!"

on Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD, Walsh says (I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like...) "If I knew I would be singing this song for the rest of my life, I would have wrote a different song. If you know the words, sing along, and if not, just shout...that's all that I do"

Joe Walsh = awesome

Haha yeah, Joe Walsh is the greatest.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."
The idea that media is there to educate us, or to inform us, is ridiculous because that's about tenth or eleventh on their list...
- Abbie Hoffman R.I.P
on the subject of joe - he said something at crossroads like "this song is dedicated to those people whove never had a song dedicated to them..what about them huh?"
Quote by JimmyPageSlash

TOOL ALERT
life is what happens while you're busy making other plans - john lennon
Quote by the irish rover
blues is easy to play but hard to feel---- eric clapton

I thought that was Jimi?

More from Joe: I have a limo ride in the back, lock all the doors incase Im attacked.

I have a mansion forget the price, Ive never been there they tell me its nice.

John: "If the world wanted peace more than a new television set we would have peace". Thats not it it is just something like that.

Jimi: "The story of life is faster than a wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, Untill we meet again" That was the last song Jimi ever wrote
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
"Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny." -Frank Zappa
Quote by darkstar2466
Who is responsible for bring back a thread from Two Thousand motherfucking Six?

*holds a paddle in hand, ready for whacking*
"If it has more than three Chords, it's Jazz" Lou Reed.

I guess Sweet Jane is Jazz then...
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
"I'm not you ****in drummer, you're my ****in singer." - Charlie Watts as he punches Mick Jagger in the face during the mid eighties.
"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'."
-- John Lennon
haha spynal tap

"I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I leave it up to you."

Alvin Lee
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
"Being a hunter is perfect, Those who are against it are perfectly retarded" - Ted Nugent

I know Alice Cooper already said this but i told him about it and its so awesome it needs to be said again!
"Now you see this one-eyed midget
Shouting the word "NOW"
And you say, "For what reason?"
And he says, "How?"
And you say, "What does this mean?"
And he screams back, "You're a cow
Give me some milk
Or else go home""

- Bob Dylan
Its how you look and how you feel
Quote by master
"I'm not you ****in drummer, you're my ****in singer." - Charlie Watts as he punches Mick Jagger in the face during the mid eighties.

ROFL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
"This is for anyone who isn't here, but particularly of course for Syd"
Roger Waters (live 8 before WYWH)

"I mean obviously they're a gang of idiots, but live and let live"
David Gilmour (Interview Live at Pompeii)
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
Last edited by stonegolem13 at Jun 25, 2006,
"Brian is not dead he is jus sleeping for a very long time"
Mick Jagger at Hyde Park

I have a feeling this quote must of got Kieth Richard rely confused.
"You make your own dream. That's the Beatles' story, isn't it? That's Yoko's story . That's what I'm saying now. Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It's quite possible to do anything, but not to put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don't expect Jimmy Carter or Ronald Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself. That's what the great masters and mistresses have been saying ever since time began. They can point the way, leave signposts and little instructions in various books that are now called holy and worshipped for the cover of the book and not for what it says, but the instructions are all there for all to see, have always been and always will be. There's nothing new under the sun. All the roads lead to Rome. And people cannot provide it for you. I can't wake you up. You can wake you up. I can't cure you. You can cure you." -John Lennon

"The good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain." -Bob Marley

"[Music] takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence, and whereto." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness & of pain: of strength & freedom. The beauty of disappointment & never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature, & everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamin Britten
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
"Music is a safe type of high. It's more the way it was supposed to be. That's where highness came, I guess, from anyway. It's nothing but rhythm and motion." Jimi Hendrix
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
"be at peace-he is not dead, he has awaken from the dream of life."
Mick Jagger about Brian Jones death

"The less hair i have on my head, the more hair i have on the insinde.I let my hair grow long to be free and to think"
"if i wasnt bob dylan, i would prolly think he would have alot of answers myself"
Bob Dylan
Quote by wilty00
Twist and Shout makes me violent.
Interviewer: So Frank, you have long hair, does that make you a woman?
Frank Zappa: You have a wooden leg, does that make you a table?
Quote by BrainDamage

Joe Walsh = awesome

haha yeah that was good (rocky mountain way owns though)

I really liked his improv he did before funk #49
Quote by bluesbreaker59
styx isn't rock'n'roll-they're show business
angus young

now THAT's irony
Page 1 of 2