Hey UG

I'm looking to get a new distortion pedal. I already got a BOSS Super Overdrive pedal which works great as a nice blues lead and some nice soft rock rythm and a BOSS Heavy Metal distortion pedal which is fine for faily heavy stuff such as Metallica and Sepultura and stuff. But since my style is more like Radiohead and Muse kinda soft/medium rock stuff i would like a nice kind of Johnny Greenwood lead/Matt bellamy/Gallagher Brothers/Nirvana/that style Distortion pedal. I've heard ok things about the DS-1 and DS-2 but i'd quite like something really top of the line. Like one of those MI AUDIO hand built effects or the Hot Cake distortion pedal. I have

Guitars: American Telecaster with seymour duncans(very Johnny Greenwood style with Matt bellamy pickups), Customised Ibanez strat copy with DiMarzio's(great for blues), Maton 502 with Dimarzios (Awesome for Metal) and a Maton Acoustic (not sure what model).

AMPs: Laney 15 what tube practise amp, Marshall MG15CDR practise amp, Peavey 100 4 speaker half stack and a Fender 100 watt twin.

Anyway what do you guys suggest i get?

Sorry 'bout the bad english

Cheers guys and gals or gals and guys (dont wanna be sexist)
Last edited by nirvallica at May 21, 2006,
I donk know what pedals uses Noel Gallagher (i really would like to) but i'm almost sure that Radiohead guitarist (and Graham Coxon from Blur) use Proco 'The Rat' distortion pedals.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
Very nice indeed, fairly good warm sound, very nice clean sound, distortions pretty good and the notes are very clear. Only problem is cos its only 15watt when you turn it up its not very nice:-( but its a great clean little practise amp
Noel Gallagher uses a Hot Cake, theyre hand made, meant to be mad (hand made) but d'you think it will cover Radiohead and Muse? I only know a few Oasis songs so im not sure about the different tones he gets out of it.
Quote by nirvallica
Very nice indeed, fairly good warm sound, very nice clean sound, distortions pretty good and the notes are very clear. Only problem is cos its only 15watt when you turn it up its not very nice:-( but its a great clean little practise amp
Your valve amp doesn't sound nice when turned up? That's strange.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700