Hey,

At the moment I am using a Squier which, to be honest, isn't the best. I was browsing www.gak.co.uk and I saw this: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=870. It looks good, it has a good review on here, and I think I saw it elsewhere for £559, but I need help. Should I get this, should I save for a Gordon Smith SG2 for £600 (http://www.fairplay.demon.co.uk/), or should I get a Fender?

I could probably get a decent Fender for a similar price to the Epiphone, and I'm kinda of the opinion that if it's good enough for Hendrix (and Crispian Mills) it's good enough for me. What do I do?

Cheers,

Pat
They're incredibly different brands, and each one has a huge array of guitars.
What sounds are you looking for? What's your price range etc?

You should try the guitars out too before buying, try a load out and decide which one you like best too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
hendrix wouldnt have used a cheap guitar he wouldve eben using the high end fender an expensive an inexpesnive fender can be a bit different itdependson your style of course as well and whether youll want to sell it to get a new one later on a good fender will always sell and will probably be worth more later on a cheap fender still resell good but will be worth less im not sure about epiphones
Quote by buhda
hendrix wouldnt have used a cheap guitar he wouldve eben using the high end fender an expensive an inexpesnive fender can be a bit different itdependson your style of course as well and whether youll want to sell it to get a new one later on a good fender will always sell and will probably be worth more later on a cheap fender still resell good but will be worth less im not sure about epiphones

Hendrix used the guitars that were available. Back in the 60's there was only one type of Stratocaster. He did actually use 'cheap' guitars; in that he didn't use the more expensive pre-CBS Fenders.
Yeah, I've tried a Fender, and I'm gonna try an Epiphone soon. My price range comes to a very abrupt limit at £600, but I would prefer to spend less as it would mean I could buy it sooner (I know I shouldn't sacrifice the quality for that ). I know they're different, I'm into classic rock, psychedelia, ligher prog metal, funk and jazz. Ecletic, eh?

I was looking at a strat for Fenders (doesn't realy narrow it down far), and that particular Epihpone or something similarly priced which might be better quality.

Thanks for the quick replies,

Pat
well it would be epiphone for me i have 2 and love them both, but then i dont realy liek strats so i guess im biased
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon