hi guys...i am interested in getting an ibanez sz520....and was wondering whether is there much diff between the sz720 and this.... how is the pickups on both of this guitar?
i get flamed everytime i post...
I think the SZ720 has Duncan designed pickups and the SZ520 just have Ibanez stock pickups (though they're quite good i've got an SZ520)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
The SZ520 has Duncan/Ibanez pickups, I think the 720 has the same.

Neither are that good though (although they're better than RG stock pickups), they'll need changing eventually.

I think the main difference is the abalone binding and flamed top (720) vs quilted top (520).

Basically, it's all cosmetics.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
For 2006 models, they both have duncan design pickups. They quite good IMO compared to other PSND, IBZ or V8s. The difference are just the cosmetics, the 520 only have a single SZ inlay at the 12th fret. Feel free to feel like Marty Friedman if you buy the SZ720, he used it during a Boss demo of the GT-8.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
its all cosmetics
they 720 also has the inlay on every fret does it not?
Yea, but the 520 only has 1, and its at the 12th.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeah
thats what i thought
i thought that was a really cool idea
makes the fretboard look really clean