ok heres the thing, im getting an orange rockerverb 30, sometime soon.

last time i tried it out, it was awsome, it had nice cleans, and the dirty channal sounds like the best marshall you will ever get.

but the most it goes it to, heavy rock, it cant quite make it into metal terratory.
so, what is the pedal i could use to boost the overdrive channel and get a nice Thick heavy distortion.

ill go up to around $150
possibly a pro co rat or an EH big muff

how much did the orange cost you?
i believe the pedal you want is a mesa boogie dual rectifier......

or a pro co rat
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
really.....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
ive already tried that bugmuff and the rat, niether of them sound like what i want with my pickups (Seymour duncan JB-4) the bigmuff sounds well... muffy, and the rat wasnt thick enough
maybe a pickup change? Hot rails are great for metal and have a high output. (i assume thats the single coil JB you're using)

I've heard a lot of bad things about the JB (too trebly)
maybe you should look into an amp that does metal aswell? like an ENGL screamer maybe?

if not, then try a Maxon OD9 for an overdrive.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
well i dont really want metal pickups or a metal amp because, really, 90% of the stuff i play is classic rock, its just that every now and the i want a **** ton on thick gain for soloing

so im just looking for a boost

i was taking a look at the ibanez ts9 is that any good for what i want?
^ makes sence enough. if you played everything about evenly the screamer would be great. it's pretty much a jack-of-all-trades amp.

if you're looking at the ts 9 form ibanez, check out the maxon od9 like i said erlier. maxon used to make the vintage ibanez tube screamers that everyone always lusts after. and maxon still makes them like they used too. the ibanez ones just don't stack up anymore.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile