ive got a cheapish fender with a classical shaped body, and i was wondering whats the easiest/most effective way to connect it to an amp without changing the sound of it. Ive heard you can put a thing in the sound hole, but i reckon that would change it's acoustics and stuff.
any tips?

Cheers,
Dave
nylon strings?

just wondering.

if not u can clip in a soundhole pickup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no, steel

wouldnt covering the soundhole get rid of the body of the sound?
The sound hole is what makes the sound project acousticly. The actual tone of the sound comes from the wood, the strings, the nut and saddle, your fingertips, picks, et cetera.

If you wanted to, you could just put a strat pick-up in the sound hole.
thanks...
where would the jack socket go? would i have to drill a hole in the bottom of the guitar?
the jack is usually in the place where your back strap pin is, si you just replace it and plug the jack in the pin
hahaha, but what if i want the strap? sorry if i keep being stupid here.... im a bit of a noob i thinnk
dude the strap pins are made for acoustic electric guitars, its a strap pin with a jack inside of it, u can still use a strap and plug it in, i suggest going to a music store and looking at sum of the acoustic electrics they have there before posting that
^ Why not? I keep a music store in my back pocket for just such an incident.
u can buy a dimarzio acoustic soundhole pickup for about $40.
there is a wire that is attached to the pickup that clips to the soundhole and the runs out of the hole to the amp.
so there's no installation.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

You could also look into a piezo system, it fits under your saddles and amplifies the vibrations of the body.
wow, thanks...
how much would the piezo system thingy cost?
i like the sound of no installation, as long as the lead doesnt get in the way of my hands as they dance gracefully over the strings....
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzioSP136SuperNaturalPlusAcousticSoundholePickup?sku=302081
soundhole pickup example...

well something like this. but dimarzio has a bunch of them. pretty sure most of them have a lead runs out of the hole. a good thing to look for is a volume control. try to find user reviews.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62