Ok, so, I have decided (with the help of my band mates), that I am going to either get around a 150w Solid State amp, or a tube amp around 75 or 80 watts. And my research on wonderful UG has told me that Tube amps are the way to..so..my question to you guys is, what's a good quality tube amp around 80w, that's good for music like Avenged Sevenfold, Incubus, Blink 182, Bullet for my Valentine, Gob, and so on. Also, if I want harder distorion, do I need to buy an Overdrive pedal?

Thanks
Quote by NAME GOES HERE

Did you see what I did there? I made fun of his mom!
Here's a little bit of helpful info first off, there is no comparison between 150w solid and an 80w tube. Tube's are ten times louder than solid state, a 15w tube could blow a 150w solid of the hole. So if you looking into a 80w tube, first of all you will never be able to play it in practice because its minimum volume will be too loud and second its going to cost you a fortune. I have a 40w Hot Rod 1x12 that can put solid half stacks to shame, tubes are the only way to go. They have a fuller sound but jesus they are louder than you can imagine if you're not used to them. Most effects pedals out there are somehow trying to immitate a tube sound from a solid amp so they aren't necessary. A tube marshall should give you all the distortion you need, and if you need more just quit playing that bull**** music.
Quote by FortunateSon
Tube's are ten times louder than solid state, a 15w tube could blow a 150w solid of the hole.

Ummmm, thats not true.

The general theory is that tube amps are double the wattage of their solid state counterparts, for example a 50W tube is equivalent to 100W solid state.

The problem is, there is a big difference between the number and kind of speakers you use, whether its a stack or combo, etc., so there is no real definite answer, you just have to try it for yourself.
ax7 uses bogner uberschall's

they are $3000
and there honesty isnt that great of a substitute, nothing can sound like a bogner.

however the closet thing that i think you would ls a mesa boogie solo rectifier.

they run at about $1,000
Quote by eyeflngpoo
Ummmm, thats not true.

The general theory is that tube amps are double the wattage of their solid state counterparts, for example a 50W tube is equivalent to 100W solid state.

The problem is, there is a big difference between the number and kind of speakers you use, whether its a stack or combo, etc., so there is no real definite answer, you just have to try it for yourself.

1st part: The theory is tubes sound louder to the human ear, wattage is just the power going out the speaker.

2nd part:true.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!