How do you go about getting a busking license for somewhere in the UK?
Ring your local council and ask for a busking/entertainers liscence. They'll forward you to the right department, answer a few questions for the man or woman who's in charge, and voila, you're sorted.
Excuse me, but what the hell is "busking"? That word is scary.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
busking is playing in public for ppl,usually with an open guitar case or a hat for ppl to drop coins into.........yeah.....one of THOSE guys!lol
Okay cool. Cheers

Does any one know how much they cost roughly? And how old you have to be to get one?
I didnt realise you need a license to do it, but busking is very good to get up your playing in public confidence and i'd recommend it just for good practise. Also if you lucky might make over a tenner in an hour
Most councils gove em out for free. It's just to stop half a dozen people fighting over the same spot.

Some really snotty councils make you do an audition first.
I never got a lisence...Explains the arrests lol :P
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I went to my council and they said they don't give them out. Scottish Borders Council is mine. They also said that busking is essentially begging. Arseholes! Lies! Filthy lies!
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by alliwant
I went to my council and they said they don't give them out. Scottish Borders Council is mine. They also said that busking is essentially begging. Arseholes! Lies! Filthy lies!

Jus do it without a lisence and run when you see the pigs
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Jus do it without a lisence and run when you see the pigs

thats what i;ve always said
i've never done it, but from what i've heard you just go to your shire (council) and ring them, and ask for a licence, or if you need one (different places have different laws). They should tell you about all the different rules and stuff too: like if you have to move every 30 minutes, etc
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...