i recently made a thread about gibsons and was surprised that many people had been disapointed with the results of their gibsons. wat is the highest quality guitar i could get for 800$ in terms of range of tones and good craftsmanship? if it helps, i play classic rock, blues and sometimes metal
Vintage Mahogony Studio's are around $800
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
has anyone ever tried the epiphone black beauty? im impressed by 3 pickups in such a low costing intstument
Low end gibsons just suck. Gibson's as a whole have really gone down hill, don't expect anything from a cheap Gibson. Get the nicest guitar from korea or mexico rather than a crappy american. The PRS knock-offs, schecter, are a lot of fun to play and have "duncan design" pickups. I play a $3000 PRS and I still enjoy a $700 Schecter C1. You should also look into a Fender and see how it fits your style. My recomendation is to save up a few hundred more dollars, for 1200 you can pick from a mulitude of awesome guitars.
get an older second handed gibson les paul studio or something, there great guitars, mine is from 95 and it rocks
Quote by Unclesam186
has anyone ever tried the epiphone black beauty? im impressed by 3 pickups in such a low costing intstument

Are you friggin' kidding?
ummm..........i said i was lookin for a wide range of sounds, so i assumed an extra pickup would help out with that........was i wrong in thinking that?
Quote by Unclesam186
ummm..........i said i was lookin for a wide range of sounds, so i assumed an extra pickup would help out with that........was i wrong in thinking that?

Yes, middle humbuckers are pretty much useless.
yea, check out a fat strat. thats what i play, and it is one of the most versitle guitars, in my humble opinion.
LTD EC1000 amber sunburst flame top with Duncans is one of the best sounding and looking guitars you can get for $699 at Galluci Music in Scranton PA. I dont know why MF has them for $799 as a "sale" price?
How about some MIA Fenders theyre real nice. Maybe a good strat or Tele for your blues and rock and you'd have your metal sorted if you had a distortion pedal too. Whic you could spend the left over money on.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
A decent MIM or MIA Fat strat would be nice for you. Depending on where you get the MIA from you could get em for your price range. What amp do you have?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Save up more, buy a used Gibson (as long it's studio or over from before 99), that's if you only want a Gibson.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
dude 60th anny standard strat from fender sounds like an american and duh is better than any les paul on market

DEATH TO LES PAULS
Quote by FortunateSon
Low end gibsons just suck. Gibson's as a whole have really gone down hill, don't expect anything from a cheap Gibson. Get the nicest guitar from korea or mexico rather than a crappy american. The PRS knock-offs, schecter, are a lot of fun to play and have "duncan design" pickups. I play a $3000 PRS and I still enjoy a $700 Schecter C1. You should also look into a Fender and see how it fits your style. My recomendation is to save up a few hundred more dollars, for 1200 you can pick from a mulitude of awesome guitars.

Schecters ar not in anyway shape or form a PRS knock-off, they are altered forms of ESP H series with different headstocks, ESP being Schecter's mother company.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
Schecters ar not in anyway shape or form a PRS knock-off, they are altered forms of ESP H series with different headstocks, ESP being Schecter's mother company.

I figured they were made in the same S. Korean factories, the neck shape is identical to the neck thru esp's save for the sanding where the necks meet the bodies. That Hellraiser FR seems like a helluva deal compared to the LTD M1000, seeing as you get the same original Floyd, EMGs, but a mahogany neck/body vs. maple/alder
Schecter C series or big block fender strat is $800 I think...
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
shcecter c-1 classic.
the EMG's on the other one (supposedly, form what iev heard) arent good for cleans, but i think this comes with SD's.
gosh i wasnt expecting nearly all these responses, lots of good info. so are schecters the best guitars in the 800 range?