Whats a low-priced, decent Ibanez that plays fairly fast (ie Wizard 1)? I don't particularly need a whammy bar, in fact, I'd rather not have on for fear of getting a cheap one, I just need something fast with an HSH, HSS,or even SSS. In fact, I don't even need an Ibanez, just something fact. Thanks.
Ibanez RG321MH.

If you want Wizard 1 neck or Superwizard you oughta look at the discontinued RG model, RG570. Now they put that neck on J-Custom Ibanez which is filthy expensive...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 21, 2006,
What's cheap to you? I got my '88 or '89 RG 560 for like, under 400, and I love it... Wizard neck, S/S/H, extremely versatile.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Quote by Adarsh
a guitar doesn't play fast, U DO!
no, seriously, wat do u mean 'a guitar that can play fast'? I don' want to sound like an idiot (i probably already do) but what makes a guitar faster???

The neck, the action, the string gauge and the frets. Yes it all depends on the players but thinner necks, lower action and jumbo frets are made for easier note fretting. That goes the same with the string gauge, lower the gauge the easier you get to press the string to ring a note. It all depends actually on that player too, some prefer Gibson's neck more comfortable and some prefer a damn thin one, like SuperWizard. In this case he asked for something similar, which i did recommend him some.

If you ask Vai or Paul to move from their prefered neck to a, lets say Buckethead's Les Paul, they may still shred very good but not as good and they will tend to do mistakes coz they arent familiar with the neck. Or ask Malmsteen to shred using a JS, he'll say "You've unleashed the Fooking Fury, i cant play with this...", coz he's been playing scalloped frets for ages..

Its all preference. Hope you understand.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 21, 2006,
to be honest i dun like jumbo frets .... yeah its easier to fret... but jst feels.... too high
i dunno... im jst used ot my strat i guess
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by FadingRoots
What's cheap to you? I got my '88 or '89 RG 560 for like, under 400, and I love it... Wizard neck, S/S/H, extremely versatile.

Cheap for me is under $500-$450.
I second the Ibanez RG321mh, simple fixed bridge, nice fast neck, mahogany body and it's pretty cheap.
^Is that a guitar I could install a tremolo into if I want to? Looks easy enogh, I was thinking about another Fender American bridge.
It isn't routed for a tremolo, so there is no rear cavity where the tremolo arm springs would go, so unless you want to do a load of routing (Not advised) no.
Last edited by Pete Griffin at May 21, 2006,
Quote by Pete Griffin
It isn't routed for a tremolo, so there is no rear cavity where the tremolo arm springs would go, so unless you want to do a load of routing (Not advised) no.

I'm willing. Are there any other guitars that meet my specs?
Quote by MastaBassist10
I'm willing. Are there any other guitars that meet my specs?

Do not route it, its meant to be a fixed with string thru. Drilling a hole there will decrease its sustain and just make it sound more hollow. Mahoganies are good to be used as fixed guitar's wood coz of its heavy and dark properties.

If you want a guitar with tremolo thats cheap just get the 2nd hand RG570 like i said. Or any 2nd hand Ibanez RG5xx model that you can find laying around somewhere in your local pwnshop or eBay. Remember to look out for Ibanez decent bridge, Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, Edge Pro, ZR.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I've considered a 321 before for a cheap guitar sometime..but I really want a trem. is there an alternative similar to a 321 with a trem?
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

^ Yea, some Ibanez discontinued models, but if you want an existing models, they're all filthy expensive cept the S470 but the S series are more similar to Satriani's rig. The closest is the RG1570. For the RG350DX/EX, RG370DX,RG320FM, or RGT42DX to have a very good trem is rare, you have to be really lucky to have one that stays in tune like an Edge Pro or a ZR. Basically they're made out of soft metal and the knife edges wears off quickly if you use them often.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 22, 2006,