im just starting but iv played guitar for a year and swappin to bass.

Im going to be playing in a hardcore band e.g bring me the horizon,as i lay dying,johny truant,exetara but i laso like red hot chilli peppers and billy sheehan.I want a bass what can do slap bass and solos but also do aggresive hardcore stuff what should i get .

The most i can spend is £200
If thats all you can spend then don't expect to get a bass thats going to be great for slap and still give you an agressive tone for your hardcore stuff. With that said, look at SX Jazz basses. www.rondomusic.net
and what makes your opinion so much more valid than his? Washburn's are decent basses...

although by looking at his username, I can see why you would disregard him recommending a Washburn.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Honestly Dan, can you name a single Washburn bass that you would like to have. I know you like to slap alot, and Washurn just doesn't make basses suited for that. An SX Jazz will give great growl for heavy music, and still get a good slap & pop tone. Washburn! is fairly new to the forums and to bass, he needs to understand that just reccomending the kind of bass that he is isn't going to work for everyone.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebay!
The only 2 types of women that don't bitch and moan are gifs and jpgs.........
^^That was completely irrelevant. Thank you, for wasting everyones time.
Last edited by Bumper at May 21, 2006,
if you were referring to my eeeeeebay comment - that was me telling him to look on ebay. Thankya.
The only 2 types of women that don't bitch and moan are gifs and jpgs.........
get something used, but not destroyed, and I'd go with an ibanez, but I personally have a preference to them, so don't trust my opinion(like you were going to anyway)
Quote by RedVexx
if you were referring to my eeeeeebay comment - that was me telling him to look on ebay. Thankya.

You still didn't answer his question. He needs to know what would be a good bass to get, not where to get a good bass.