One of the bands here took me in and supplied me with some rather sick ass gear!
I'm just so happy. I wanted to share, and hear your input about this. Mainly, cuz the cab seems to be a guitar one, 4x12...

Yup. An SWR Interstellar Overdrive preamp, a Marshall 9200 2x100 Power Amp and a Mesa Boogie cab. It resulted in some of the sickest tones I've ever heard (Reminds of the Sovtek Mig-100B I'd played)... Anybody knows what that "Voice" switch is for? I don't see any difference between A or B...

Yup. Also, all this runs through a Mackie 24 channel pro mixer, 2x1500 Power Amps, a Lexicon multichannel processor, and a compressor/noise gate. For some odd reason reason, my BB605 obtained some of the sickest growl out there. Also, sounds like Dani California recording, or Audioslave - Be Yourself recording. Loving it!!! And not to forget, - all this isn't even for recording or gigging - just practicing! P.I.M.P

And as promised, a retarded pic of me. Yes, in my underwear. Tube preamps, power amps, and all those spinning fans + people create a lot of heat.

Last edited by Bassilo at May 21, 2006,
dude...why in your underwear? c'mon, we dont need to see that...
<JimmyPage5290>
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood, and Trogdor (Custom guitar build)> Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde> DigiTech Distortion Factory> Dimebag CryBaby >Fender Hotrod Deville 212
is it possible to rig a kustom 100 watt amp, not amp head with a cabinet......like put the amp on top of the cabinet and use it as an amp head???
The "Voice" switch tends to differ between Clean and Distorted channels, on Bass the difference might not be easy to notice. I may be wrong though, but a lot of Peavey Amps label the channel switch as "Voice"

EDIT: Coming from a guitarist who dabbles in bass, nice setup.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Thats a sexy underoos shot......I'd do you.......I mean, I like that rig...................
How much did the marshall head go for?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Oh yeah, that is a guitar cab. I actually prefer tha sound of a 412 over a 410....it just moves so much faster.
Quote by Bassilo
Peppers performed in socks, yet, everybody wanted to see that, and not just SEE per se, if you know what I'm sayin

those are the red hot chili peppers not alex.........
What guitar stuff does Trujillo use?

I know lemmy uses guitar rigs for his tone.
haha
Quote by fake_sk8r182
As far as I know he uses a couple of Mesa Triple Rectifier Rigs along with his usual Ampeg stuff, and the dude from Nicklecrack uses a Peavey XXX guitar rig...

Wow, sources please?

All I've ever heard about Trujillo is ampeg and hiwatt, along with some mesa bass stuff. Never ehard about a trip recto before.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Wow, sources please?

All I've ever heard about Trujillo is ampeg and hiwatt, along with some mesa bass stuff. Never ehard about a trip recto before.

I got it from a bass mag I read ages ago (when they were touring St Anger) not sure if I still have it, I'll have a look and PM you if I find anything
Quote by fake_sk8r182
I got it from a bass mag I read ages ago (when they were touring St Anger) not sure if I still have it, I'll have a look and PM you if I find anything

Thanks a ton bro.

Back on topic, some cooool gear there Bassilo. What're you playin' with this outfit?
haha
Whoa, thanks guys!!! =))) I was just extremely hyper, so i posted this. I dunno how much it all cost. But seeing, how American stuff in russia is 40-50% more expensive, I'd presume, that A WHOLE LOT. But the "all tube" setup is sweet. Extremely loud, defined frequencies, and it distorts wonderfully (e.g when you hit the low B a little too hard)

If you look at the drummer, he's just in his undies =)

This band plays "mainstream" rock. A girl on the vocals, 1 dude on guitar, 1 dude on drums, me, and a pro keyboard player who is more of a session musician.

Dave, BB is still alive and kickin! If you look at the first pic, you'll see how blemished it is. It's seen about... 40-50 gigs now? Yeah, i got all that "for free". They asked me this: "You like it? Wanna add something to it? Replace anything, maybe?" Basically, the studio is theirs, BUT they let others play (it'd be stupid to pay ~10000 smackers and not get them back when you have an obvious chance) for about... 25$/3 hrs, and record the rehearsal, if they like. Everything is DI'd, could be Mic'd, i mean, you name it. That Mackie console made me remember my good ol studio days. And it's located in the basement of an old soviet movie theater... how romantic!

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Wow, sources please?

I think I have the lay-out of Chad Krueger laying around somewhere in a BP mag.

Squid, nice setup
Like youre undies My band practiced in their underwear sometimes to, but that was because we had no airco in our rehearsalroom

Is that a stereo power amp? I know I would opt for another setup but if you got the gear to use it why not eh...

Oh, just to let you know, I've bought a badass II bridge from eBay to go on that sexy squier of mine. Now some active PU's and some other tuners (in gold like the bridge) and it will be a totally pimped bass

Like to hear some samples of that setup of yours... Been a while since I last heard you play
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
Daan!!!

Yup, I does seem irrational... Buying a 2 channel power amp and using just one =) But the same power amp is powering the guitars: Fender HotRod ---> Marshal 9200 ch2 ----> MesaBoogie 4x12, and ENGL -----> Marshall 9200 ch1 ----->MesaBoogie 4x12.

It's badass that you're keep on tweaking that squier. Natural finish + gold HW = sex. Post the pics when you're done.

I'll record the rehearsal on the mp3 next time =) Though it's gonna be so ****ty. I can't play at all *blushes*

now now... don't be shy

It's gonna take a while before the bridge gets here... Shipping from the US to Belgium takes a couple of weeks I'm affraid... But you'll be the first to see it

You know what the advantage is of having that power amp setup? YOU controll how loud the guitars go
Oh, and is the singer cute? And did she strip to her undies aswell?
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Nah, man, she didn't!!! She's cute, but she was giggling and askin for more skin! Girls...

And when the guitarist wiggled his ass, she would forget the words. Girls get distracted easily, lol. =)

But... we might move to an even BETTER studio next month. Apparently, the rentals + jobs allowed for the accumulation of quite a nifty sum, large enough to built a decent rec studio! I guess, i'll decide on what to buy, without paying ANYTHING! =)))
maybe that Quantum rigg?
Quote by John Swift

I've been thinking about that, but buying a big rig makes little sense, because this studio is going to be also a recording studio. I remember, how much headache the Mesa m2000 + Eden cabs caused me. Too powerful, trouble to calibrate the sound.

I'm looking at the combos, though. I was going to suggest a pro combo, like an SWR Redhead, but over here they cost... 2500$ + !!! That's just absurd.

Other good combos feature a 15" woofer, which isn't all good. The responsivenes and cleanliness of good ol' 10's is the best for recording. Also, an abundance of outputs (preamp out, dry preamp out, wharever) is a plus, and a must.

Maybe I'll look into warwicks, or maybe go for a preamp+power amp setup, but this time - a transistor poweramp, and 4x10 cab. But it's only in the near future, not like tomorrow =)

why not a nice Pre-amp (like the Aguilar DB750) and a poweramp and cab to go along with it for gigs, and record trough the DI?
Quote by John Swift

Easy. They're not sold here =) And special-ordering them will cost... well... A TON...

There's an interesting option, though. There's a guy from Japan that sells Japanese equipment in his... appartment! All you have to do is to order something, and he'll present you with options! People already bought MIJ Fenders, Ibanez, Ric copies off of him. He also takes orders on amps. I'll see what good ol' Japan has to offer.

Recording through DI is good, trouble free, but I always loved the sound of DI and Mic working in tandem. It's always good to have options, rather than feeling limited by your equipment.

Also, it's not going to be used for gigs, but the gigs are gonna be in mind (like private shows, etc). Hence the good and extremely powerful PA. The majority of performances occur in the clubs which have their own equipment, you only bring your instrument, so for 99,9% of the time, the equipment will remain stationary.

Boy, do i love playing "build your dream rig!"
ghehehe, I have mine in my head... It includes a DB750, a QSC PLX series poweramp and a 2x12 and 2x10 cab setup... or a 4x12 (the Aggie is on top of the list)

Combo's are nice, but I think something with a good preamp is more important for studio use... Ashdown makes some nice ones too... If I were you, I'd look into a pre (TUBE TUBE TUBE TUBE :p and power setup...
Quote by John Swift

Amazing... Really nice recording (didn't think it would be less than this given the fact that you play in a studio )
Nice song. Love your playing... Just what the song needs: a steady groove...
And I like the rythm change in the middle of the song.
When are you guys releasing a CD? I would really like to buy one... And I'm being serious about this, I REALLY like the sound. Next thing on my to do list is learning Russian so I can understand what she is singing

Quote by John Swift

Agreed,a very impressive song overall. Great recording quality, good bass playing and good music in general.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Wow, thanks guys! It was the first time I've heard it too =))) Our guitarist took the whole thing back home to add acoustic guitar to it and master it a tad (recorded onhis laptop via external input module). I dunno, the vocals should have been recorded separately, and now "in the mix", also the transition could have been made more vivid... but i dunno. Glad you liked it

Daan, bro, i dunno about the CD. We have drummer problems, yet again. Having a session drummer is great for what it is, but it costs money. You rehearse a bit with one drummer who has different style/influences, and then you find yourself playing with a blues/jazz drummer who uses brushes for sticks. At this point we want to find a good drummer, with RIGHT influences, and then tweak/plough the program step-by-step.

So far I've been in the band for 3 weeks, but we have "found each other". They have 31 songs, most are primitively made on the Korg Triton to give us an idea of whe (notice, how i merged "what" and "we": whe )have to do.
Last edited by Bassilo at May 28, 2006,
Good drummers are hard to come by eh
Quote by John Swift