Basicaly im fed up of my Marshal 15watt amp. It just doesnt lvie up to anything. Has no sustain and well basicaly has just pissed me off. Im hoping to start gigging aswell soon and blatantly this amp wont do. Im not to upto date with amps and dont know which would be best to go for. Main use will be Home, but then good enough to Gig.

I saw this> http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=68103 but then i realised half stack... This means its half the size? or what? im sorry for the completely N00b questions here...

Its a good price but i dont know about the amp? Anyhelp and suggestions would be widely appreciated.

Thanks in Advance..

Row
So basically, you want to replace a MG with a bigger MG? If i were you I wouldn't quite yet get a half-stack. I would check ebay for a tube combo. Thats pretty much what I tell everyone who wants the MG half-stack......check ebay for a tube combo. maybe a JCM2000 DSL combo might suit you well.
Cheers guys will have a further look into it now. So why shouldn't i get a stack whether it be half or "Full"? The link i showed was an example. maybe theres others better? im not too sure about these things as im sure your frustration at me right now can tell lol .
its not the fact that its a stack, its what amplifier it is.

Half stacks usually have a head (top part) and a 4x12 speaker cabinet. Full stacks usually have the head with two 4x12 cabinets. A good tube stack is nice, but a tube combo is better than a the solid state MG half-stack.
Ah right kk. well looking through the amps i still feel stubburn as hell to get a stack half stack. The package a showed in the link obviously doesnt have a good head. I have tried to look at heads and cabs seperatly but to no ovail, i seem to have a block in understanding what would work well and what wouldnt' Any suggestions on combinations to produce agood decent priced half stack ?

edit: Just found this.... for the bidding price that would be a bargain http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARSHALL-HALF-STACK-AMP-MG100HDFX_W0QQitemZ7414691719QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem if only i lived in derby :'(
Quote by splinter26
Ah right kk. well looking through the amps i still feel stubburn as hell to get a stack half stack. The package a showed in the link obviously doesnt have a good head. I have tried to look at heads and cabs seperatly but to no ovail, i seem to have a block in understanding what would work well and what wouldnt' Any suggestions on combinations to produce agood decent priced half stack ?

edit: Just found this.... for the bidding price that would be a bargain http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARSHALL-HALF-STACK-AMP-MG100HDFX_W0QQitemZ7414691719QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem if only i lived in derby :'(

You seem to be more concerned about the "stackness" of your amp. In your eyes an MG half stack is better than a vintage bluesbreaker combo because its a stack but thats the wrong way of looking at it.
I used to think that you need a stack to be loud. Wrong. Most people with stacks mic their amps when playing gigs, so really, all you need is a tube combo that will (a) sound much better and (b) not be a piece of crap. Listen to what people here are telling you.

Tube combo > solid state (eww) stack.
Ah right ok cheers guys. Its not so much the loudness though that i am aiming for. Its the fact that when playing with my current amp you cannot keep any sustain with what you are playing. and say for example, when playing with heavy distortion, and trying to keep a conitnual palm mute chorus going... it doesnt stop between each strum making it sound all cracky and pathetic. (This isnt the only reason im upgrading but a large one) if that makes anysens to anyone else lol.
Quote by splinter26
Ah right ok cheers guys. Its not so much the loudness though that i am aiming for. Its the fact that when playing with my current amp you cannot keep any sustain with what you are playing. and say for example, when playing with heavy distortion, and trying to keep a conitnual palm mute chorus going... it doesnt stop between each strum making it sound all cracky and pathetic. (This isnt the only reason im upgrading but a large one) if that makes anysens to anyone else lol.

What kind of guitar do you have?
You might want to turn the distortion down and turn the bass down on your EQ. You can still get a good heavy sound without the distortion being at '10'.
Oh yeh trust me i have tried alot of different things. its been bugging me for a while actualy. i mainly play my Gibson SG. but have a strat and Copy les paul aswell so its not as if its the pick ups.. :Si dont know i dont have a clue lol.
1. Marshall MG amps suck, no matter how big they are
2. sustain is in your guitar, not your amp.
3. you don't need a stack to be loud
4. Marshall MG amps suck, no matter how expensive they are