I recently psoted a thread about muse, and how matt gets the sound with his voice when they hysteria live.
I was told this was a voice box.
I've been looking at these (well, talk boxes).
It seems to be sort of the right thing, but, they seem to be more, for just a different guitar sound, rather than the singing only.
It seems like if you want to have that sound he has, a talk box isn't quite right.....
Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
I'm looking for a live version right now, but you know the intro to Generator by Foo Fighters, the solo on Rocket Queen by GNR and the solo on the GNR DVD?

Those are talkboxes
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Yeah, I knew the foo one, weezer use it abit.
The thing I thought of though, was Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer, that sort of thing, if richie was saying words, would it sound just like words with an effect?
I'd like to be able to play with a normal distorted guitar, and then the talk box voice effect for singing you see......
Listen to "Do you feel like we do", or pretty much anything else by peter frampton...That's what you can do with a talk box
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Listened to live versions of Hysteria.

No talk box there, just some weird vocal effect.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
you dont actually talk when you use a talk box, you just mouth the words. a tube goes into your mouth that has sound from your guitar running through it. the sound goes into your mouth and larynx and you mouth out whatever sounds you want and it goes back our your mouth and into a microphone. go to this link and watch weezer play beverly hills. the first solo rivers uses a talkbox.

http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions/sessions_flash.adp
That makes things a lot clearer now, I thought it was used for singing.
So, any ideas what Matt Bellamy uses then? lol
Hahaha