A friend and I are planning to write and record a blues album in summer. The only people on the album will be him and me and the instruements will be :

A Resonator
A Steel Strung Acoustic
An Acoustic Bass (Amped)
A Harmonica
Two Voices

We plan to lock ourseleves in a barn owned by family with great acoustics for maybe 3 days. In that time we plan to write the whole album. We then want to record it at a later date in the place in which it was written. I think using a computer might be out of the question because our sound cards are appaling. How could we record on a low budget? We want to record live and all we ask is that the recording is true to life, we don't want to edit it.

Suggestions please,

Thanks
since the blues mafia wont have me

founding member of ug blues rock and southern rock mafia pm me to join
yeah i had this problem you need good dynamic microphones to place right in front of the amplifiers so what you hear is what the recording reads.

-SM57 (one for each amplifier)

-condensor microphone, for each vocal and hardmonica

-a sticker microphone for the inside of the acoustic if it doesnt have a pickup.

- a mixer and a cd burner.

if this is too expensive just get one dynamic microphone and get a program with layering even though you said you dont want to... and a usb audio card for better quality.
the whole point of this is so as not to have to use a computer, and we definately cant afford all of that.
since the blues mafia wont have me

founding member of ug blues rock and southern rock mafia pm me to join