Page 1 of 2
Been awhile since ive made a post but ive been fvcking bored as **** lately so here ya go. Lykathea Aflame (now just Lykathea) made a hidden masterpiece in my opinion. I dont here them discussed much so what do you all think. If you dont know them ( you deserved to be impaled) they sound liek cryptopsy at some points, also nile, then the other 90% is just pure godliness from the Czech Repub. I cant begin to describe how good the drumming is on Elvenefris, just listen to the ****ing snare drum.

I think they are coming out with a new album i think its been 5 years since they made anything. Yeah this cd's a must have for death, grind, and melodic death fans.
Mortalis: True Massachusettsian Thrash Metal \m/

Hypocrisy-"Hell, the ****ing corn on my dinner plate is heavier than Korn."
Lykathea Aflame rules! Elvenefris is such a good album, it's just a shame that they split up after it. The drumming, guitar, vocals, jazzy bits, etc all slay.
Bringer of the Flame of Elvenfris > Most things I can think of.

But yeah, Elvenfris is a Masterworks. I commend you on your good taste.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Amazing band. I've yet to find a band that sounds like them.
Notorious S.I.G.
I've heard great stuff about them but I can never seem to find any mp3s or anything...?

edit: haha I just found an mp3. Weird but it has a certain alluring quality to it...the drum production reminds me a lot of the sound on None So Vile, which is a very good thing.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at May 21, 2006,
I guess I must be the only person who just does not care for them.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
the more i listen to them, the more i like em. the keyboards are ace, the drumming is flawless. great band

by the way, how do you pronounce the first word of the band's name?
Lie-Ka-Fee-Ah.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Bringer of the Flame of Elvenfris > Most things I can think of.

But yeah, Elvenfris is a Masterworks. I commend you on your good taste.

Indeed Red one.

Bringer Of Elvenfris has to be my favorite song

Well looky here >_> Click Me!
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
What do you thikn of the lyrics?? I know they are christian themed but i didnt see anything specifically christian. I dont know the dominant religion in the Czech, or anything about religions and ****, i dont care about this post anymore

i'm not interested in death metal lyrics.

if the grunts sound cool, go for it. seriously, he could be saying "suck dick suck dick i love to perform fellatio on CATS!!!!" and if it sounds good, all power to him.
It's a very, very interesting approach to the genre, I'll give them that at least. I am too tired to get into something like this right now, but I shall check it out with proper attention tomorrow. lmao at mydadisjewish, btw
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
From what i heard on that myspace, SICK **** NIGGA. Definatly a thumbs up. And i dig the resemblance to Cryptopsy too.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by luke89
What do you thikn of the lyrics?? I know they are christian themed but i didnt see anything specifically christian. I dont know the dominant religion in the Czech, or anything about religions and ****, i dont care about this post anymore

The Czech republic is apparently the most atheist country in the world, at 59%. And the lyrics are not Christian. I quote metal-archives.com "The quest for redemption, sadness and longing" as being the lyrical themes. Reading through them, there is nothing Christian, either.
Quote by AzureNight
Reading through them, there is nothing Christian, either.

Good.

So I just heard this band today and I must say I am quite impressed.
Quote by Metal Matt
I guess I must be the only person who just does not care for them.

Nope. I find them ok, but I don't love them like most people here seem to...
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
I just heard Land Where Sympathy is Air. Incredible!
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I don't think they will ever make an album like Elvenfris ever again
but I would sell my soul if I could play for the band
I was sent a song, and it was really fucking good.

I'll probably buy Elvenfris soon.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Has anyone else heard the remixed version of To Give (i think that's the song name) with the symphony in it(or at least violins and stuff)? It's pretty cool, although I still prefer the original version.
Notorious S.I.G.
Nah man where would i find it^

Try soulseek, that's where I found it. If not that, i dunno.
Notorious S.I.G.
Quote by totenkopf
Good.

So I just heard this band today and I must say I am quite impressed.

Yeah, too bad most Christian metal bands have extremely similar lyrics...

Elvenefris seems to be a double-edged sword. The tracks are either awesome or ****ing terrible. I only really dislike 2 or 3 songs, but man do they suck. But the rest is superior to really any DM I've ever heard. The riffs on A Step Closer =
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Epic Bump.

I've been searching around for info on these guys, because I want the new stuff to hurry up and come out. I came across a little tidbit that said they were trying out a new female vocalist (metalarchives says Ptoe's still part of the band).
Elvenfris is in the top 10 of best metal albums EVER.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

A nice bump I see.

I'm very anxious to hear a second album, and it'll be interesting to see what they can do with a female vocalist. I liked the re-vamp of To Give too, contrary to general opinion about it.
LAMMERGEIER
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
from the myspace...
The band has now changed their name to Lykathé, and has gotten a new logo and a new lineup. An album under this name is currently being recorded.
Amazingly unique band.

They are the type of band though that I have to take an hour or so break from any music before I listen to Elvenefris. Has to do with the production methinks.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
^There is a new track floating around(I believe I posted it in the other thread) which has differnt vocals and additional keyboard, if your intrested check it out. BTW your name brings the lulz.
^Ya just do a quick search, its around here somewhere. Also does anyone love the drum fills starting at the middle of "A Step Closer"? They alway make me giddy inside.
Quote by diminishedtobme
^There is a new track floating around(I believe I posted it in the other thread) which has differnt vocals and additional keyboard, if your intrested check it out. BTW your name brings the lulz.

Where?
Page 1 of 2