alright, i plan on buyin an electric guitar tomr... a 2005 epiphone les paul standard is $350 or a 2000 epiphone les paul custom which is $400 sale price from $600 cause its the last one.. so i'm still debatin rite now. the custom i hafta buy a bag separately while the standard comes with a hardcase. so any suggestions will be great ppl thanx
Get the standard. The only difference between those guitars is the finish and the gold hardware. Everything else is IDENTICAL.
custom

tbh danno ive played epi standards before and the specs may be the same but the feel of them is completly different
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Sonically they are the same the only real differance is the aesthetics. I jsut got an epiphone les paul black beauty, basically a black custom with extra humbucker and its brilliant.

Just depends which you prefer the look of and is the extra $50 worth it if you prefer the otehr finish
Quote by tommyt
custom

tbh danno ive played epi standards before and the specs may be the same but the feel of them is completly different

Odd, I've A-B'd 'em and felt no difference.

Maybe you got a good one/tried a bad one?
r u serious that its just the looks that r different and the sounds r the same??
Quote by Danno13
Odd, I've A-B'd 'em and felt no difference.

Maybe you got a good one/tried a bad one?

its entirley possible lol just i tried 2 standards when i went in and neither of them played aswell as my custom
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by toogoodd
r u serious that its just the looks that r different and the sounds r the same??

Completely serious.
right now they only have 2 finishes which r like greenish fadin to black and one thats like redish to yellowish... lookwise i'm aimin at the custom but the money.. i don't want to leave the shop without a bag protectin my guitar!!
I heard somewhere that the p/ups on some customs are different.

The custom flame is gorgeous, though.
you can get much better guitars for that price range as well.

Who wants to say they have an epiphone!?
i'm a gibson fan so i want to own a lp... also theres nothin wrong with epiphone.
there exactly the same except for the finish and hardware colour. if you really prefer a customs colour get them, but otherwise get a standard seen as its cheaper.

p.s. Epiphones rule!
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Nothing wrong with Epi's unless your unlucky and get a duff one (but that can happen with any low/mid range guitar). Of course you'll get some nay sayers and if you ask what they recommend, chances are they are 13-16yr old wannabee shredders that'll brag their "bc rich warlock" will "rox0r your s0xers" and look it has freekin' lightning bolts painted on teh body, how cool is that!!!
but i mean $250 more (comparing with standard and original price of custom) just for black finish and gold hardwares... doesn't make that much sense to me... i'm pretty sure theres somethin different other than looks
Quote by Danno13
Get the standard. The only difference between those guitars is the finish and the gold hardware. Everything else is IDENTICAL.

Actually, the added binding on the back for the extra protection is worth it, IMO.
I want to say I own an epiphone, and a damn good japanese one at that.

Look, they're the same, although the there is a small difference - i got a 60's slim taper neck, not the fat 50's. The pickups on most epiphones suck , e.g. i had a Les Paul Special II, superb pickups, high output stuff. Then I got my epi - and teh pickups were teh suxxorz. Some of their pups are good, some are plain ****e.

modding them a bit helps (READ : EMGs).

(btw, "teh" in Malay means "tea")
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
Last edited by Kai-7 at May 21, 2006,