Ok. This weekend, I am going to start on my strat. I am going to dissassemble it, strip down all the paint, stain it, and change a few other things as well. I will be changing the pickguard, the plate that covers the springs, to one that is pearloid. then I will change the hardware. (Haven't decided if I want gold or black yet.) And possibly a kill switch. I have a question though. How do I install a kill switch? And Nitrocellulose will work for the clear right? Or should I get a laquer? This is the first time I've done any refinishing. All comments are appreciated.

Cheers, Dave
Last edited by Rocknificent at May 21, 2006,
Im pretty sure nitrocellulous is just the type of lacquer and yeah it should work. As for a kill switch you would just need to add a push to break switch (bucket style) or just a regular 2 way toggle on the cable to mono jack.
Ok. Should I go with Black or Gold hardware? I forgot to make a poll when I started this and now it wont let me make one. So yeah. Input on what hardware you think I should use would be great.

, Dave
rlly depends on ur color of stain if its a nice jazzish (sp) loking guitar like my strat rebuild is when its bare wood, i like mine with chrome, but gold would look better with a stained guitar.
I'm going more for a darker, richer looking stain. So I will probably end up going with gold hardware. Kinda like this:

But that is a little too bright, I would go with something just a little bit darker.