i went to the doctor an I've got rsi. is there any warm ups or anything i could do to reduce the chance of this happening again? any help apreciated, in case i missed anything. and would it be ok for me to play slide guitar? thanks.
Arcaon:

Goths are metal's Emo bitches.

Quote by badmilk
u dont talk to me like that. u wanna get smacked up redneck? huh?
I get this alot because i have to work with computers all day everyday.

In work, we're required to do excersizes to avoid it, so perhaps to some hand, wrist, arm and finger excersizes?
For your wrists and fingers, bend your wrists slowly up then down. Do that for 10 seconds slowly, then wiggle your fingers while your wrists are upwards.

Search the internet for RSI excersizes or something.

Good luck with that
Been away, am back
A friend of mine has RSI and his doctor told him to get this thing called a Powerball... Google it.

He says it helps, and the best part is that I can use it to improve my wrist strength too
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
A friend of mine has RSI and his doctor told him to get this thing called a Powerball... Google it.

He says it helps, and the best part is that I can use it to improve my wrist strength too

I have one of those
Been away, am back
^Do you find it useful? I'm not quite sure wether it's worth buying or not... I'd like something to increase my wrist/forearm strength when there's no guitar around.

Edit: No masturbation pranks please
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Last edited by Resiliance at May 21, 2006,
oh and i have the randy rhoads jackson and when i play an sit me wrist is at a weird angle. would this contribute to it?
Arcaon:

Quote by badmilk
^ possibly if its not used to it and you stress your muscles

Quote by Resiliance
^Do you find it useful? I'm not quite sure wether it's worth buying or not... I'd like something to increase my wrist/forearm strength when there's no guitar around.

Lol, yea, i keep it in work and just use it on my breaks and it works for me at keeping the rsi down, makes it easier to play guitar as well if you use it just before
Been away, am back
^Okay, thanks.

Quote by challengedmind
oh and i have the randy rhoads jackson and when i play an sit me wrist is at a weird angle. would this contribute to it?

I'd even say that would definitely, definitely contribute to it.

Your nerves are getting "choked".

Click.
Quote by Resiliance

I've never figured out how to get one of those things spinning
Quote by challengedmind

100% fo sho.

The harder and more often you play, the more you get trouble from posture inadequacy. I've been through the kinda stuff you have. You need to take a break. As much of a break as you can bear.

http://guitarprinciples.com/Guitar_Technique/sitting.htm
Quote by Freepower
100% fo sho.

The harder and more often you play, the more you get trouble from posture inadequacy. I've been through the kinda stuff you have. You need to take a break. As much of a break as you can bear.

http://guitarprinciples.com/Guitar_Technique/sitting.htm

Also agree 100%.

One more thing that has helped me in the past was taking a glucosamine supplement. I was skeptical of the stuff at first, but it really does help!
thanks for the help. theres this thing i saw that clips onto guitars like mine, adding the missing leg, anyone know what this is called so i can look for it on thomann?
Arcaon:

Quote by badmilk
there's this thing from planet waves named "The Gripmaster" that helps build up your finger strenght and warm up and its in 3 tensions, extra light, light, and medium, i have the medium tension and it works,at least for me