Ya so I just got home and I got my new head. A B-52 AT-100. Is there anything that I should do to make sure I don't hurt the tubes or anything? I have never had a tube amp before so I don't really know what to do. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks
I hear some companies *coughmesacough* bias their amps cold so they can outlast the warrantee better. I know it sounds weird but maybe take it in for a tube change right away and get hotter tubes. In no way do you have to do this, but its like how most people change strings right away when they buy a new guitar. Its just something to think about. There shouldn't really be anything you need to do besides giving your amp proper warm up time before playing. Also, the true color of your tubes/amp will come through about 25 hours into its use. you'll have to "break it in"
Alright cool. I can't afford new tubes at all. I had to use all my money to afford the amp. Maybe I will get some in a few months. JJ's are good right? Where can I get those?
i was actually thinking about getting that same amp dude, let me know how you like it,

ps what kind of music do you play....im guessing not mine. haha.
Quote by jmac72187
Alright cool. I can't afford new tubes at all. I had to use all my money to afford the amp. Maybe I will get some in a few months. JJ's are good right? Where can I get those?

Eurotubes or Tubestore
usually about $100 USD......$75 for the tubes and $25 for the tech to install with bias adjustment
Quote by JobForACowboy
i was actually thinking about getting that same amp dude, let me know how you like it,

ps what kind of music do you play....im guessing not mine. haha.

I am playing mostly hardcore for a band, but in my free time I will play anything that sounds good. I have only had a little bit of time to play with it but it is great so far. Very high gain. I am used to my old Vox Valvetronix head. This has about 3 times as much gain. You can do metal so easily its not funny. Lots of options too like the type of rectifier and bright switch and all that. I haven't had a chance to play with all of those but it is looking good so far. I will report back later today with more.
Ya it is pretty damn good for hardcore. You can get any amount of gain you need and there is a cool contour control to scoop it and make the 2 overdrive channels sound totally different. I love it so far.