k, i duno if any of you listen to any sort of core, (hardcore, metalcore) but i was wondering if any of you know what would sound good for the high gain and everything

guitar:
cab:
head:

ive been reccomended ampeg cab with a peavey head and a jackson to top it off, duno if thats a good combo or not, but if you guys havent heard the music or dont know what im talking about, just give me some good loud high gain preferences.
guitars:
Jackson
Ibanez
Schecter
ESP
Gibson
Caparison

cabinets: your standard Marshall and Mesa cabs work fine

heads: (the ones I can think of right now)
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Bogner Uberschall
Marshall JCM2000 TSL (possibly, I think a couple of bands use them)
Peavey 5150 (now called the 6505)
Last edited by seljer at May 21, 2006,
hmmm... lets see...

id probably go with an ibanez rg, or maybe an lp, but there are a lot of options here.

A dual rectifier

and the matching cab
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
guitar - is usually a personal choice. Something with good humbuckers though like seymour duncans or emgs. Personally i like esps, or bc rich nt guitars with switched out pickups

head - mesa rectifier dont bother with a dual rect youll never use all the power

cab - matching mesa cab
For head check out the B-52 At-100. I am not saying this simply because I just got this an hour ago, because the reviews on harmony central say all 9's and 10's. It is said to be the poor mans rectifier. If you can afford a rectifier than do that.
thanks for all the help, also for the head/cab together to be somewhere around more or less 900 dollars