Hey, i was wondering is it true that marshall amps blow out really easily because alot of my friends say they do.

thanks
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
they are probably talking strictly about the MG series and the notorious problems with the fan and reliability.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ok so not all of them are like that?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

no, their tube amps have been used by my major recording artists for years and years. Tubes in general can be unreliable, but that's the nature of vacuum tubes, not a reflection on Marshall.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ok thanks
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

Are all MGs tube amps? I dont think mines a tube and it works fine. I like my MG250DFX, ive had it for almost 2 years with no problems. I never wanted a tube because i thought i would blow it despite the good sound.
My TSL60 is perfect...just...perfect...
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
if you dont push the amp to its absolute limits then you more than likely wont blow your amp. so many people try to get more volume out of an amp they should be mic'ing.

If its not loud enough, mic it.

As far as not getting a tube amp for reliability problems.. i would totally rethink that situation. tubes sound so much better than solid state, unless youre playing some extreme distorted music
MG's = solid state
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
No, MGs are solid state amps. Marshall hybrid and solid state amps should be avoided like the plague.
Hi, I'm Peter
^Nope.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
hi i've got a quistion about those tubes of you guys, do they change the sound of your guitar. and do they have different sounds compared to each other? cause i've been using a solid state fender and it sounds great clean but when you turn it up it starts growling, and i've been thinking about tube amps but they don't seem to have the same clean sound.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Valve amps (or tube) have better cleans in my opinion, in general that is, a lot more full and rounded, shinyer too, and sound better turned up.
The best way to actually understand the differences is to play a few valve amps, and compare them to your solid state.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
if you've played SS amps before but have been playing tube amps for years then go back to a SS amp, you will notice how inferior the SS amps are. The tone just will be non-existant