Hey, I'm In A Band, And We Need To Record Some Songs For Our Website.
anyway I Was Wondering The Best Recording Gear I Could Get For The Best Price?

Ps. Sorry If This Is In The Wrong Forum Heading Thing...I Didbn't Know What It Would Be Under..
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
The best recording gear for the best price doesn't help at all. How much do you have?
Also, I refuse to post any more in this thread because you Capitalized Every Letter At The Beginning Of A Word.
Okay, sorry. I won't do it. And about £150-£300 if possible
Quote by KileManA7X
Okay, thanks
Quote by KileManA7X
Quote by mexican_shred
Maybe a Line 6 PODXT?

That won't help much.

Full band, so you want to record drums, bass, guitars, vocals and maybe keyboards?

You can go the computer route, software is available with different harware interfaces.
Or you could try a workstation.
Recording drums can be tricky, most people use many mics to get the drums recorded, but that's probably not possibvle at your price range.

I'm looking at a Soho Soundhouse/Turnkey catalog right now. Here's some options i see that should be withing your budget

The Mackie Spike bundle:
comes with an us interface and Tracktion multitrack recording software. I've heard goood things about it, but it can apparently be difficult to use. The cost is 179 pounds, and it apparently comes with quite a few plugins.
Now, to get the sound recorded, you'll also need mics. the standard in dymanic mhcs is the SHure SM58, which will cost you 69 pounds. You can go cheaper as well, SHure makes them as cheap as 30 pounds.
Recording drums with just one mic would be tricky, but for rough recordings it can work. If you've got a few mics already, look up a guide to micing drums and simply run them through a mixer (behringers are functional, and 8 channels can be had for 46 pounds. You can also get the tapco 6306 mixer for 50 pounds, it's six channels but Tapco has a reputation for higher quality than behringer i believe.

The hardware route can also be done. It's a bit pricier though, 300 pounds will really only buy you 8-tracks, where as a similarly priced computer solution gives you more tracks. But the simplicity has it's appeal, and if you dont' have a computer that can run the software this may be the best route.
Fostex MR8HD (you record onto the internal hard drive, then transfer to your computer. it has a built in drum machine too, if that matters)
cost: 299

Tascam DP01FX (8tracks, 2 at a time can be recorded on- built in amp models)
cost: 279

oh... you can also get a Tascam cassette four track for 86 pounds. perfect if you're in a black metal band and want crappy production.
Thanks for that. And if I was to record the drums with only a few mics, where would I put them?
Quote by KileManA7X