(*Coughs*) Stingray
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Single coils and humbuckers are preferred over split-humbuckers for slapping/popping.
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire Stratocaster
Yamaha RBX 170(Custom Paint)
Yamaha MagicStomp
Dunlop MXR Distortion +
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Peavey Basic 112
what about neck thru basses?...I heard slapping on them was a no-no...I dunno if its true though
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Slapping on a neck thru won't sound as good as slapping in a bass with a lot of bolts, because more bolts give more sustain yet a more snappy sorta tone too. Neckthrus have a LOT more sustain and a warmer tone, so it's not as recommended for slapping.

However, if you have a neck thru bass you CAN slap and it CAN sound good, if you like the sound of your bass being slapped.

If you're going to be slapping all the time, you'd probably be beter off not getting a neck thru, but if you have a neck thru you still can slap.
haha
As far as humbuckers vs P or J p/u's, I've got a 5 string Kramer (neck through, 2 soapbar hb's), and a cheap Harmony P/J bolt on 4 string. The Kramer's about oh, $300? and the Harmony's worth maybe $25, but the Harmony completely owns the Kramer when it comes to slapping. Especially when using the P. (But the Kramer owns the Harmony in every other aspect, so its all good)
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
Wootens Ying-Yang bass (you know the one i mean) has a split coil and a single coil and that sounds awsome. it's all personal preference, you just get different sounds depending on the set up.
prefer Split coils myself. single coils however :ahh:

oh yea, the question...it still sounds amazing
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.