Hi
I wanna' get a wah wah pedal but dunno which one too get.

I play mostly rock/metal and want to know which one sounds good with lots of ditortion aswell as little.

Thanks

P.S is the bad horsie wah the actual wah steve vai uses on that song, if not, which wah does he use?
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
Dunlop Crybaby And For The Bad Horsie I Doubt It Seriously He Probably uses a modded crybaby
thanks.
i'd tried my mates dunlop cry baby, and it sounded really good on clean and low gain levels but when you turned the gain up the wah got alot weaker, do you know why this is?
If i got 1 would i have to modify it?
my morley feels far superior to any crybaby i've played.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
my morley feels far superior to any crybaby i've played.

Which Morley have you got?
get a zakk wylde cry baby, you won't be sorry
When it's cold, and when it's dark..The freezing moon will obsess you.
thanks for that
Is the crybaby from hell any good, and is it worth £150?
The crybaby from hell is meant to be quite good, my personal favourite is the morley tremonti power wah, i rather wahs to be switchless and it also works really well with distortion.
cool, thanks a new guitar shop has opened by mine which has The zakk wylde one for £99 and dimebag's for £150 which seem good prices, but what is it that makes the crybaby from hell £50 more??
The zakk wylde wah is nothing but the Jimi Hendrix Dunlop Wah with zakk'sname on it and a bigger pirce tag

And IMO crybabys are not so good wahs.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at May 21, 2006,
The zakk wylde wah has no controls on it so you can't adjust the amount of wah etc, but the crybaby from hell has a knob on it that allows you to adjust the amount of wah and a volume boost. Out of the two i'd go for the crybaby from hell if i had the money, but the zakk wylde one is also good. If you decide to go for the wylde one make sure you really like the sound because there are no controls to adjust it.
Quote by Pete Griffin
The zakk wylde wah has no controls on it so you can't adjust the amount of wah etc, but the crybaby from hell has a knob on it that allows you to adjust the amount of wah and a volume boost. Out of the two i'd go for the crybaby from hell if i had the money, but the zakk wylde one is also good. If you decide to go for the wylde one make sure you really like the sound because there are no controls to adjust it.

Thanks, i'll see if i can try both out at the weekend
I own the Morley Bad Horsie. This thing is god-like. Only thing that sucks about it is that there is no controls, and its not good for that chika-chika Shaft type of wah sound. Its great with distortion. Check out the clips on the morley sites, sounds exactly like that. But if you donno how to get a good sound from your amp, dont expect it to sound EXACTLY the same.
Sorry about this after all that, but my friend offered to sell me his standard dunlop crybaby for £30, and seeing it is so cheap i might get it. Would you recommend this, is it a good price and is their a way i could modify it to respond better at high gain levels??

thanks
NOT WORTH THE EFFORT

I have one, and it's so bad with distortion that I never use it.

And for a GnR fan, that's damn hard.
Quote by Danno13
NOT WORTH THE EFFORT

I have one, and it's so bad with distortion that I never use it.

And for a GnR fan, that's damn hard.

Damn, but if i did want to modify it, how much would it cost? coz i've realised i don't have the money to buy a better one at the moment.
Do you think i should just save up and get a better one?